intro & copyright

Losing Ruby

Copyright © 2020 Kelsa Dixon

All rights reserved

E P I G R A P H

"You are not weak just because your heart feels so heavy." —Unknown

"She was powerful, not because she wasn't scared, but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear." —Atticus

"You are beautiful because you let yourself feel, and that is a brave thing indeed." —Shinji Moon

"You're going to be happy," said life. "But first I'll make you strong." —Unknown

D E T A I L S

Losing Ruby was originally published in 2020 and taken down to be completed offline. For those rereading please don't spoil it for others, I have added and altered scenes that will give you more insight into different plot lines earlier than before.

Posting Schedule: I will try to keep to a steady schedule, posting a few chapters every 4 to 5 days as I work to clean them up a bit. None of the characters, the plot or the storylines have changed from the previous version.

• This will be a SLOW BURN. Some character development will be noticeable sooner than others, some plot lines will twist much later than others, so bear with me.

• There will be three parts to this series, so if you are looking for a quick, easy read, this is not the book for you! Although, I do think you'd enjoy it ;)

• This is also told from an older brother POV. Since taking LR down, I have added chapters in Chloe's (youngest sister) POV. Chapters will be noted for her POV only, otherwise assume it is Brody's POV.

W A R N I N G

Rated Mature: This story is intended for a mature audience only.

Content does contain sensitive material including, but not limited to, the following:

• profanity

• anxiety

• death

• emotionally heavy scenes of sorrow & grief

• physical violence

• mentions of suicide and suicidal ideation

• sexual content

D I S C L A I M E R

As mentioned, LR was recently taken down to be completed offline. Posted work is still considered a second draft and a work in progress. I welcome feedback, constructive criticism, genuine inquiries on potential plot holes or character development and positive comments. Anything negative or petty will be deleted. 

I love you all endlessly, and the support you've given me, but we all deserve a space free of negativity; we get enough of it elsewhere. So, if you don't like something, move along, on or off my page for the benefit of both me and the readers enjoying the story. Not everyone will like this story and that is O K A Y. We all have different taste in what we like to read, no one else needs to know that you don't like it. If you'd like to explain why you feel a certain way, I consider that valuable feedback, feel free to share.

C O P Y R I G H T

DO NOT PLAGARIZE

All rights reserved. Losing Ruby is copywritten. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form by any means.

Please vote, comment, follow.

INSTAGRAM: authorkelsadixon

Enjoy reading, xo.