2. New Everything

As I arrived with Inko at her house, I stared at it. It was a nice house, not very bright colors just how I like it.

She came out of her car and walked towards me.

"C'mon sweetie, follow me." she instructed. I follow her as she takes out her keys and opens the door. She shows me where to put my shoes and leaves into the kitchen.

After I did all that, I follow her footsteps and find her with a man with white hair.

"So who do you want to introduce to me, Inko?" the man asks my aunt.

Inko turns around to see me and taps the man's shoulder. "She's right there."

After she had pointed out, said man turned to face me. we stood there for a good minute before he sighed.

"Welcome!" he chirped.

"Asuka, meet my husband, Hisashi. Hisashi, meet Asuka." she introduced us. I took my hand and held it towards him. He did the same. We shook hands and turned to Inko smiling.

"Hisashi, as you already know, we're going to be fostering her till we can adopt her. So it's going to take a while. Are you okay with that?" she asks.

"Of course, honey. I don't mind." he reassured her. I looked at the man now named Hisashi and smiled at him. Once I opened my eyes, he was smiling too.

After all that, they both showed me around their house and we ate.

I stood awake, laying in my bed thinking about Hana and Tenko. 'Soon, guys. Soon..." I felt my eyes start drifting closer together and soon I found myself start to sleep.

------

"Asuka! Guess what!" both Inko and Hisashi came out from the corner with a smile painted on their faces.

"What?" I questioned with a brow raised.

"Well.. We found a school for you to go to!" Inko smiles brightly.

"Oh.." I was speechless at how nice they could be. I couldn't help but smile brightly at her and Hisashi too.

"Well, now we can go shopping for you." Hisashi mentions.

"Oh no, that's fine!" I quickly responded with.

"Nonsense! Let's go!" Both of them started to drag me towards their car after they put their shoes on.

I sat there in the car looking embarrassed and starred at the floor of the car. We went driving from place to place for the uniform and shoes.

It was nice having both parents agree on something. I smiled gratefully.

-----

I look up at the tall building in front of me. I was pretty nervous about going to a new school since I don't know anybody. But... I hope it's better than my last school.

I walk inside to take off my shoes to replace them. I look around for the office when I see someone a little taller walking towards me.

"Hello. Call me Kazuya, I'm here to give you a tour around to help find your classes." they spoke.

"Thanks a lot." I smiled gratefully at them.

They started to show me around once they showed me the classes I was supposed to go to.

After all that, it was finally lunchtime. I was starving. Once I got my lunch tray, I looked around to see some empty seats around me. I looked to my right to see a couple of seats empty and took my chances and sat there.

A few minutes later, two students and one of them I've seen in my homeroom class sit at the same table as me. I didn't mind, of course. But, my classmate had started to bother me into being friends with them.

"As I know, you're Shimura! I'm Kayama. Let's be friends!" they grinned at me. It looked somewhat mischievous to me. Don't know why.

"Yeah. That's my name..." I responded.

"Cool, wanna be friends with me and Shouta here?" they had asked.

"Um. Sure...?" I hesitantly looked at them both with my eyes.

"Awesome!" they smiled. "So let me introduce us both. I'm Kayama Nemuri and this grumpy pants over here is Aizawa Shouta." they pointed at the black-haired person sitting on the other side of the table.

"Cool. As you already know, Kayama, I'm Shimura Asuka. Nice to formally meet you both." I looked at both of them.

"You too, Shimura!" they smiled.

"Yeah..." Aizawa looked at his lunch tray like he was hiding something. I decided not to pester him about it. I continued eating till the warning bell rung and headed back to homeroom with Kayama behind me.

Since Aizawa was a year under us, he had to go to another room. I mean, it was obvious in the shoes. The toe caps were blue. It was pretty clear.

Anyway, we sat in our seats and waited for our class to start. I and Kayama didn't sit next to each other but we were in the same area.

Class went on as normal as you'd expect it to. I was barely able to stay away due to my terrible sleeping habits. But I was saved by the last bell.

Half my classmates got up and went to the storage closets to grab the cleaning supplies.

I went downstairs to the shoe lockers with Kayama behind me, talking nonstop. We both took off our slippers and put our own shoes on.

I walked towards the train station with Kayama walking in a different direction, waving bye at me. I waved back, cause I didn't want to seem rude.

I looked through my phone after taking it out, checking on any messages from Inko or Hisashi. I did find some and messaged back. The train arrived at my stop and I got off.

I walked till I found their house. I took out the keys they both got me and opened the door. After that, I took off my shoes and went to my new room.

I placed down my bag and went to the kitchen. I looked in the fridge to see if there was anything to eat. I found some leftover rice and fish in there. At least the fish was cooked though.

I took them out and place them in the microwave together. I walked back to my room and took out my homework and started working on it after my food was ready.

This went all the way till both Inko and Hisashi came home at different times. We all are together after I looked through my phone, bored.

I brushed my teeth and headed to bed soon after. I lied in bed, starring at the ceiling. I took out a photo from the wall it was hung on. Man, did I miss them a lot.

Sometimes I wonder why Father decided to hate heroes even though it must've been cool to have a mom one. I put the photo back where it was and turned on my bed to my side. I started getting sleepy and soon found myself awake the next day.

Great... New day.