In between

"I don't know how it happened, one moment she was just a teacher and one day I woke up and she had become everything to me." I confided, ashamed as we danced before the sunset.

I could hear the waves crashing against the shore, teasing me, daring me to dive into the water deep. I just wanted to clear my head. Throwing myself up in the air, I felt my hair dance along the wind which hit my skin soothingly. I needed a distraction, I needed someone new, someone who would tear my mind away from her, I just didn't want it to be Elle, first, because she was way too close to Mrs.Brown, and second, because she was nice enough and I didn't wanna hurt her feelings.

"What is she to you exactly? Metaphorically?" She breathed out, as breathless as I was. The answer was simple, I just refused to see her that way.

"She's a temptation I have to get away from." I turned on myself, keeping it up with the choreography. Throwing my leg upward, I got faster and faster, hoping to get myself off on the music.

"Then let's help you forget about her." I laughed, stepping up. Stretching my muscles, I faced her, not knowing what to say. If only it was that simple. Keeping on dancing, we didn't realize how time had passed. Soon enough we took a taxi to go back home. I hoped Elle was right, I hoped I could find myself in somebody else. I prayed for it.