Dragon training day 3 and new tail

Y/n POV

I wanted to go see Crystal so I went to the forest and was thinking what I should do with Crystal to make her still feel free and just staying inside a forest. "That's it! What if I can ride her while she's flying. Oh that is going to be so much fun but I need to make sure if Crystal is okay with it since I don't think she has ever been ride on." I thought.

Once I reach to the forest I called out to Crystal and the next thing I know was that I was tackled to the ground. I groaned and looked up to see Crystal with her tongue out and looking at me with a happy expression. "Well hello to you too Crystal. But I would appreciate that you wouldn't knock me down every time I come here." I said to her while getting up. She then made a dragon laughing noise and nuzzle her head against me.

I giggled and started petting her. I then remember that I wanted to ask her something. "So Crystal since I still want you to feel like free instead of being stuck inside this forest I was thinking that we should fly together. But I wanted to ask you if your okay with me on your back." I asked her. She then nodded her head saying she was okay and I immediately got excited.

"This is going to be the best thing ever! We can make tricks together while we're flying and it's going to be so much fun!" I said to her. She then got excited with me and started running around me. "Should we try to fly together now or?" I asked her and she paused for a second and then started trying to explain to me. She pointed towards me and stand on her hind legs like a human. "Your me?" I guess and she nodded. Then she started hovering over the ground and stopped and went back as me. "I'm flying you?" I guess again and she nodded. Then on her hind legs she fell to her side and that's when it clicked to me. "Your saying that you don't want me to fall off you while we're flying." She nodded

"Well then how about I make you a saddle so that I don't slip off your back and I would hold on to it. But are you okay to have a saddle on your back?" I asked her. She then nuzzle her head purring so I took that as a yes. I got up and said "Okay so tomorrow I will come back and get your body measurements and then start designing the saddle." I said to her and she nodded in agreements. I then went back to the village for dragon training.

------------------

Hiccup POV

I went to go see toothless with the new tail fin I made to try it out and I also brought a basket of fish for him. Once I got there I saw him and walk towards him and said "Hey Toothless, I brought food and I hope your hungry". I dumped that basket of fish while saying "Okay that's disgusting so uh we got some salmon, some nice cods and a whole smoke eel." Once I said eel he backed up and started growling. I picked it up and he began to screech so I panicked "No no no no no no." I said and toss the eel out of the way. "Okay, yeah I don't really like eel much either." I said to him.

He then started eating so I sneaked behind him to put on the tail fin. "That's it so don't mind me I'll just me back here and mind my own business." I said quietly. I tried to line the tail fin with his tail but it kept moving away. I then got lifted up which startle me but I said it's okay to him and tried to hold his tail still. I then yelped when he jerked forward and then sat on his tail.

I buckled the tail fin to his tail and make sure that it was all the way tighten without realizing the open wings behind me. I then observed to see that it looked like while muttering it looks fine until I got lifted into the air. "Woah no no no no." I yelled panicked and hold onto his tail.

He then started falling to the ground and I started yelling but open the tail fin on time and he went back up. "Oh my it's working!" I said excitedly. I turned the tail fin which made him turn directions. "Yes yes I did it." I said feeling proud of myself. But it ended when I got swing away into the lake. "Yeah!" I yelled happy that it worked but it doesn't work without me holding it which means I still need to work on it.

I realize that I still have dragon training today so I quickly ran back while yelling goodbye to Toothless.

-------------------

Y/n POV

We were at the arena again for dragon training. "Today is about teamwork." Gobber said We were standing with bucket of waters in our hand. He pull the leaver and smoke came out of it. "Now one dragon head can't just light fire. The hiddeous zippleback is extra tricky. One head breaths gas and the other head lights it up. Your job is to know which is which." Gobber said while we were looking around with cautious.

I teamed up with Hiccup and we were back to back looking out for the dragon. I could hear Fishleg rambling near us and Hiccup whisper yell "Will you please stop that!" I was holding my laugh but got serious again. We watched as Ruffnut and Astrid got knocked down with a tail while Tuffnut was running away yelling that he was hurt.

I rolled my eyes at him and continuing looking for the zippleback.  Me and Hiccup backed up as one of the heads was going up towards Fishleg. He splash water on it but it didn't do anything and the head breath gas at him. The zippleback then turn towards me and Hiccup. I just dropped my bucket while Hiccup tried to splash water on it but it didn't went that far.

"Oh come on" I heard Hiccup complain. The zippleback then growled at us then I fell into Hiccup which made him fall onto the floor. He blushed but brushed it off as we crawled back. "Hiccup! Y/n!" Gobber yell. Me and Hiccup looked at each other and give each other nods as if we have the same idea.

We both got up and put our hands in front of us. "Back, back." Hiccup said and it back up but only a little so I stepped up. "Go backed to your cage right now okay. It's better then fighting us and getting hurt. So if you guys don't want to get hurt I suggest you go back inside." I said softly and they looked at me for a sec and immediately went back inside.

I saw Hiccup pulled out a eel and put my hand in front of me shaking my head. "It's okay they listened to us so we don't have to make them suffer." I whisper to him. He nodded and just toss the eel away. I looked towards the zippleback and whisper "Good job and since you listen I am going to try to find a way for you to escape. Like I said to the other dragons." They both nodded and silently purred.

I close the door and Hiccup stand next to me as we both faced towards the others. All of them was looking at us with mouth gaps and Fishleg dropped the bucket he was holding. Me and Hiccup looked at each other and quietly chuckle at their reaction. "Okay now that was good teamwork Hiccup and Y/n." Gobber compliment me and Hiccup. We both stutter thank you since it was the first time that Gobber compliment us as he usually scolds us for doing something wrong.

"Okay everyone that's all for today so make sure to go home and get some rest." Gobber said. So I went back to my hut and went back to bed since I'm going to be busy tomorrow working on Crystal's saddle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter

Hope you enjoy it :)