Astrid finds out

Y/n POV 

Today was the day to find out on who was going to kill the dragon. It was going to be me and Hiccup vs Astrid which made me nervous because I know how this mean so much to her and I didn't want her to be mad at me but I couldn't let her hurt a dragon. 

We went to the arena and it was about to start. Everybody was gathering including Hiccup's dad. Once we enter everybody started cheering for me and Hiccup. "Welcome everyone. Today we are going to figure out who will kill a dragon. Will it be Y/n, Hiccup or Astrid." Gobber made an announcement. 

"Today you guys will be up against the gronckle." He said as he pull the leaver. Astrid and Hiccup had a shield while I had a sword. Meatlug started charging ast us as me and Hiccup started running around. Once we stop Hiccup took off his hat while I stood still. She stop and started sniffing me. We heard a yell and turn to see Astrid charging with her axe. Me and Hiccup quickly scratch her chin as she fell to her side. 

Astrid stop and stare at us with disbelief. Everyone started cheering as me and Hiccup look at each other with nervous. Gobber call for us as we stand next to him. "Now that is done it's time for Gothi to decide who will kill the dragon." Gobber said. 

He placed a hand on Astrid's head but Gothi shake her head and pointed to me and Hiccup. We got confuse since only one person can kill a dragon. "Is it Hiccup or Y/n?" Gobber ask her and she held two fingers up. "Oh? It looks like both of you will be killing the dragon." Gobber said and everybody started cheering again. 

"Yay I'm so happy." I said but in reality I didn't wanted to kill a dragon. Hiccup had the same reaction as me as we looked at each other with nervous expressions. Astrid then started cussing at us saying that it shouldn't have been us and I felt sad that she was angry at me. "I'm sorry Astrid but I can't let you kill a dragon." I thought to her sadly. "Yeah, Yes I can't wait. I'm so-" Hiccup said as Gobber had both me and him on his shoulder. 

----------- 

*Time Skip* 

"-leaving! We're leaving." Hiccup said to me as we walked around to cove. I nodded and said "Yeah I don't want to kill a dragon but we both know we have to." He sigh and nodded. He grabbed his suit that was on the rock and put it on as we both got up and looked to see ASTRID ON THE ROCK! I panicked and started sweating a little. "U-uh h-hey Astrid. I-Its nice to s-see you." I stutter. "U-uh u-um what are you doing here?" Hiccup ask her. 

She dropped the rock she was using to sharpen her axe and said "I wanna know what's going on?" She suddenly got up and said "No just gets this good especially you." She then kept walking towards us as we walked back. "Start talking" "Uh um" "Are you training with someone?" "Uh training?" "It better not involve this." As she picked up his suit. "I-I know this looks really bad but this it uh." She then dropped him to the ground as I went in front of her waving my arms. 

"Um we were just training together secretly at this new place so nobody could know what's really going on." I tried to convince her but she didn't listen. "Uh yeah you right! Your right, your right, a-ah we're through with the lies. W-we have been making outfits! So you got me. This time everyone knew." Hiccup said as I went with it and pull her hand against me "Yeah drag us back go ahead here with go." But she just cracked my hands backward which made me fall. 

As she kicks Hiccup's leg making him fall to the ground. She kicked him again "That's for the lie." She dropped the handle of her axe onto our bellies making us groan "That's for everything else" Then a roar was heard and I knew what was coming "Oh god." Hiccup said. Astrid turn to see Crystal and Toothless running at us as she tackled us down. "Get down!" She yell. She then got up and picked up her axe getting ready to attack while yelling at us "Run! Run!"