twenty-two | elicitation

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 | 𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

My beautiful baby was sitting in the parking garage of our apartment. Untouched for what has felt like ages. I only ride my bike when there's an emergency and I need to get around fast. Usually, I walk or run places. You know me, I don't take the subway unless it's absolutely necessary.

However, right now, he's being used for leisure.

It's been a rough weekend for everybody. Especially Archer.

I grabbed my spare helmet and tossed it to Archer. He caught it with ease and he looked terrified to be near a motorcycle.

"You look scared," I observed.

Archer cocked an eyebrow, "More like confused."

"Confusion is a tell-tale sign of fear. Dump the fear and the confusion. It helps to put things in perspective," I explained.

"Things?" Archer questioned.

I didn't answer. I stomped on the start lever, letting my baby wake from his slumber. The bright pink neon lights underneath my bike illuminated the space around Archer and I.

He sighed, taking a seat on the back of my bike. The small amount of pressure that he used when he put his arms around my torso was unsettling. The second I start riding down the streets, Archer's gonna fall off my bike.

I took his hands and pulled them tighter around my waist. The stiffness of his back showed that he was startled by my actions; however, I didn't want him to fall off and die.

"You're gonna want to hold on tight. I'm not one to follow the speed limit," I smirked, still looking forward.

Nothing in this world is better than New York City in the middle of the night. The city that never sleeps is the most deserted you'll ever find when it's the middle of the night. No matter how late or empty the streets are, New York City can still light up the night sky.

"Where are we going?" Archer asked.

"The place that shines brighter than the sun," I smiled.

I sped down 7th avenue waiting for the speedometer to crack under the pressure. The higher the speed, the more free I felt. I could only hope that Archer feels the same way.

Run away.

That thought is a powerful instinct.

Skipping every red light in sight. Not a soul in the world that could stop me. Escaping all five Boroughs of New York City—Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island.

Taking the Henry Hudson Bridge up towards Yonkers and exploring Upstate New York in solitude. Taking the largest bridge in New York –The George Washington Bridge– straight to New Jersey. Run to see how far I can go. Go as far west as I can before I have to stop.