Chapter 11- Let's Get It Started (Game Tournament Pt. 1)

I wake up from my sleep, and upon doing so, I remember that today was the day of the game tournament, which was going to be held from the start of school to lunch break.

I would be excited, but I just woke up from a 6 hour sleep, which clearly wasn't enough.

But what I AM excited for at the moment is getting to watch people rage at the game.

I start to get ready by changing to my normal clothing and grabbing the things I normally had on me, along with washing my face so I'll feel more alive, and it seems like THAT was the one thing I needed to get me excited.

After that, I head out the door and into class, sitting at my usual spot.

The class seemed really hyped up today, I guess that made sense though.

"Morning, Y/N!" Hina said greeting me.

"Hi" I say, greeting her back. 

"How was the hangout yesterday?" She asked while looking at Makoto and I.

"It was good! We mostly just played games in the rec room" Makoto answers.

"Oh that's nice! Speaking of games, everyone ready for the game tournament?" Hina asks.

"Yep!" Makoto answers.

"Yeah" I say while nodding.

"How about you, Kyoko?" Hina asks while turning to Kyoko.

"I've never been too fond of video games, I'm usually busy with my investigations and other work" Kyoko answered.

Yeah, that makes sense, it must be pretty hard work to be a detective in high school, you pretty much have to balance school work and detective work together.

"Well hey, you never know, you could end up being more good at it than you think" Makoto says reassuringly, followed by Hina and I agreeing with him.

"Maybe" Kyoko says.

"How good would you say you two are at video games?" Hina asks Makoto and I.

"I'd say I'm pretty good" I say with a shrug.

"Yeah, same here" Makoto says agreeing with me.

Yep, sounds about right, but to be honest, if anyone were to win this tournament it would be the Ultimate Gamer herself.

And if anyone else ends up winning, then wow that'd be pretty shocking, why do I lowkey wanna see that happen though, most likely won't happen, but hey, it's fun to imagine.

After we talked for a while, the bell rang signaling that the school day was about to begin, and just as that happen our teacher came into the classroom.

"Alright class, settle down" The teacher said.

"Now, I'm sure you are all aware that the game tournament is today" 

The teacher started to go off on things like reminders, rules along with other things.

Eventually we got to the A/V room where the tournament was being held, the A/V room looked the same, except one, it was way more crowded than usual, and two, I noticed that there were two chairs set at the front for the two people who were going to verse each other.

Makoto, Kyoko, Hina and I settle for a spot at the left of the A/V room near the middle, so we won't be too far or too close to the 'action' as Hina called it.

After there were more rules and stuff that were said, the game tournament begun... 

And funnily enough Makoto was the first person up to verse someone, and that person was Nagito Komaeda.