Chapter 14- Aftermath And More Video Games

It was literally a few minutes after the game tournament, and as per usual I was at the usual spot I was always at.

"Am I the only one who has really sore hands right now after the game tournament?" Makoto asks while opening and closing his hands.

"Nope, my hands are hella sore" I say while cracking my knuckles, which holy shit, really was cracking.

Yeah... I'll definitely feel that one in the morning...

"I mean, yeah, makes sense why you would feel pain, Y/N. You literally won against the Ultimate Gamer herself!" Hina said, practically shouting.

"I don't know if I really won not gonna lie" I say looking off to the side, my gaze away from everyone else.

"Huh, what do you mean?" Hina asks.

"I mean... I was close to losing and I just used a final smash so I wouldn't" I say looking back at everyone.

"But that's what others did, heck, even I did it at one point!" Hina said trying to reassure me.

"I know, but it didn't really feel right to me" I say with a shrug.

I can't explain why but for some reason it really didn't.

And also because of the fact I've been gaining a lot of attention for my 'win' 

I wasn't used to being 'popular' like this in school, so to be honest it felt kinda weird.

While I was thinking to myself, I noticed Makoto and Hina trying to figure out what to say to me about my last comment.

Because of that awkward silence, I spoke up.

"Actually, nevermind , forget everything I just said. Yeah, I guess that would be the reason as to why my hands hurt" I say with a shrug, and also trying to change the subject back to what we were originally talking about.

"Hey, Kyoko, you said you weren't really fond of video games, did you end up enjoying the tournament" Hina asked while turning to Kyoko.

"I suppose it was pretty fun, I don't really get that much free time because of my detective work, so I've never really played any video games" Kyoko said with a slight smile while closing her eyes.

That's... Actually pretty sad to think about.

We're all high schoolers, we're supposed to enjoy our youth, as they say, and have fun, but Kyoko just needs to do work.

I don't know why, but I just got a sudden urge to introduce her to more video games.

"You did pretty good for your first time though!" Makoto said with a smile.

"Yeah, I agree, you did good" I say pointing to Makoto with my thumb, also smiling.

"Hey, speaking of games and stuff" Makoto said.

"I was thinking about it while Y/N was versing Chiaki at the tournament and he chose Joker as his character. But doesn't Junko kinda look like Ann from Persona 5 a little?" Makoto asks.

"Holy shit, you're right" I say suprised.

"I guess in a way they are kind of like each other in a way, their both into fashion and stuff, although I'm pretty sure Ann isn't as despair obsessed as Junko is" I say.

After that, we started talking more about video games and Persona, which eventually turned into Makoto and I, well, mostly Makoto, kin assigning us all Persona characters.

And I, of course, ended up being kin assigned Yukari from the 3rd game.

Eventually, our conversation ended as class was starting soon.