2 (Part 2) - Goodbye California

Gabby and Corinne weren't kidding when they offered to help me clean my apartment. Just before seven in the morning, the girls came right after the movers did. Gabby arrived in her tight-fitting Nude-colored gym attire, a Starbucks coffee cup in one hand, and a fully contoured face. I noticed her hair was curled today. It looked like she just got out of a beauty salon. Definitely an A plus for the amazing effort of showing up glamorous for a cleaning session. Gabby was never a fan of cleaning, so I wasn't sure why she was here. Corinne, who came in wearing a white crop top and black yoga pants, dragged Gabby out of the elevator.

The guys from the moving company I hired were so distracted, they kept on bumping into other things causing more accidents while they carried my stuff out of the room. Gabby sat on one of the wooden dressers, cross legged. She was busy playing a game on her phone when one of the guys approached her. He draped a towel over his shoulder when Gabby turned her full attention to him. While I was drinking my bottled water, I leaned back against the kitchen counter to watch them. They're both on their cell phones now. Exchanging numbers, I bet. I purposely moved closer to eavesdrop on their conversation, and that's when I noticed the guy's eyes were focused on her chest, and boy, he was having the time of his life. No wonder! Her boobs jiggled every time she laughed.

"What are you guys talking about?" I had to butt in their conversation. I had to, or else nothing will be accomplished today.

Gabby glanced at the orange haired guy and pressed her lips together in a shy way. "Well, he was asking where he could buy the best fried chicken in the area. He's really craving for some chicken breasts right now."

"Sure, he does," I said dryly, narrowing my gaze towards the guy. "Look, man, I'm not paying you good money to just stand around and watch boobs jiggle. I'm leaving in two days, so if you could please start working or I'll call your boss and tell him what's up."

"Sorry, ma'am," he muttered, casting a nervous glance at me, then back at Gabby. "I guess I'll see you soon."

"Bye." Gabby waved sweetly at him. I rolled my eyes. My head hurts, damnit.

After carrot top was out of earshot, I turned to Gabby. She didn't look too happy. "What is up with you, Vienna? You didn't have to be so rude."

"If you only paid attention, Gab," I sighed. "He was practically salivating in front of you. He was so close, it was almost as if he wanted to suck your tits right on the spot," Gabby blushed and went back to playing on her phone.

From the start, I knew it was a bad idea to agree with them coming over to help. I should've just stuck with the movers and made up some excuse that way my friends didn't have to help me clean up. Besides, they were just going to hold me up anyway. I had to get out of my dad's apartment as soon as possible. Before I leave, I'll give the keys back to his realtor. There was no sense talking to him on the phone. I was done with him.

After fifteen hours later, we finally finished. Yawning, Gabby sat down on one of the bar stools by the granite island while Corinne fixed herself a glass of red wine. My apartment wasn't that spacious so it was quite easy to pack up the things I needed. I only packed enough clothes for my trip and the rest of my stuff will be kept in storage for now until I found a place to stay. I wasn't sure what to expect with my new life in Colorado Springs. It's a scary, yet exciting thought.

"Do you know anyone in Colorado?" Corinne asked while she slowly shook the wine glass in her hand. "You never mentioned your whole plan to us. Like, what are you going to do when you get there? Where will you sleep? What jobs are you going to apply for?"

"Come on, Corinne," Gabby rolled her half-lidded eyes. "Easy peasy. We both know she's a vlogger. She could still earn a huge income from her videos."

I cleared my throat. "Yeah, about that? No, I won't be vlogging anymore."

Gabby's jaw dropped. "Are you kidding me? Why would you do that?"

My gaze hardened. "Do I look like I'm kidding?"

Corinne sighed after taking a sip of her wine. "Gabby, you have to understand where Vienna is coming from. She wants nothing to do with her old life. If she continued to vlog, then her father will find out where she is and he might drag her back here."

I doubt he will, but I honestly don't give a tiny fucking rat's ass.

"I have to apply for jobs," I stated calmly, but inside I was a nervous wreck. How I hid my emotions well is beyond me. I've never experienced applying for a job before, so this will definitely be a struggle. "I might stay with a friend of mine temporarily until I could afford to move out on my own."

Corinne's eyes and nose were red. She started swiping the tears in her eyes with her fingers when I looked up from my phone. My eyes drifted to Gabby and saw how she was also in tears.

"Guys, I'm not dead yet," I groaned. These crybabies, I swear. "I'm transitioning into a new chapter of my life. I'm still me, but a better version of myself."

"Well," Gabby sniffed, wiping her nose with a paper napkin. "I guess it's okay, as long as you don't change your name or do something silly, like go to a plastic surgeon to change your face. Please don't do that?" Gabby pleaded.

"I promise, I won't." I smiled.

"If you end up being heart broken, you know where to find us," Corinne said, tipping her head back to empty the contents of her glass. "Or give us a call if you need someone to talk to. We'll be there for you, my friend. Anytime."

After they left at nearly twelve midnight, I made a quick vlog stating that I'll be going on a hiatus soon and the video that they're watching right now will be the last video. I fought the tears that burned at the back of my eyes right until I reached over to touch the stop recording button. I bet my haters will be having a field day after this.

Whatever.

In two days, I'll be at my new home. Forget vlogging. I'll find something else to do.

❤️
Don't forget to click the star button and leave a comment, please. It would really help boost the story. 🥺 I appreciate all the help.
I just realized I haven't casted anyone for the parts here. :D I've always loved posting Character Pictures as guides bc I am not as descriptive with people. I want people to imagine whoever they want. So let's imagine it as a movie. Let me know who you imagine as Vienna and Giovanni. Thank you for reading! <3

XOXO
Katie