Prologue

2019

"Mahi bhai please don't go" Harry requested with teary eyes.

"I am sorry Harry but I can't stay here or in any city of India now and you also know that" mahi answered wanting to cry too, to leave his best friend Sonnu and three young brothers Harry, jaddu and Rishabh who all were looking at him with grief filled eyes.
"It's not safe for sakshi and Ziva and me as well" he added.
"But you can stay in any house of one of us. We will hide you, protect you like you have done for us" Rishabh said.
"I can't live by hiding everyday and I also don't want Ziva to live like that. I want her to be free and live a happy life without any fear. And that's something that we can't get here"

"But will you, Ziva and sakshi be able to stay happy, there?" This time sonnu asked.
"If you stay here we can sort everything out and prove you innocent in just some time"

"And how will you do that sonnu tell me? With the entire nation and most of my brothers" at that mahi's voice cracked but he continued "against me how will you do that? We all know that it's futile to try so please let me go, we will talk with each other everyday and if possible you can come to meet me also."

"Mahi we are getting late" sakshi said coming out of the room. She was holding ziva's one hand and a suitcase was in her other hand

"Bhabhi please don't go" jaddu finally spoke.

Sakshi looked at their faces and mahi's and she knew this was the worst thing happening to all of them and it was to her too but it was for their as well as their daughter's safety and she was ready to do anything for Ziva's safety.

"We don't have any option" she spoke quietly. "We have to do this".
Ziva started to cry.
"I don't want to go, I don't want to leave my friends."

Mahi and sakshi looked at each other helplessly. Ziva had been crying so much since she got to know that they were going to go to New York city permanently. She knew a little about ms being trapped in match fixing allegations but she didn't have full information about how it would risk her life if they stayed here because people were totally angry on mahi as he was trapped in the fixing scandal. But both sakshi and mahi that even if she knew, she still wouldn't want to leave India.

"Call virat chachu, he will explain to you both about how wrong you are doing" Ziva said.

At virat's name ms froze. And so did others.
'i wish I could tell her that virat will be the most happy hearing that we are going' thought mahi but of course he couldn't because Ziva loved him very much and mahi didn't want to say anything against him, because it would break her heart.

Sonnu decided to save mahi and sakshi and went to her and hugged her and said "your virat chachu is busy in other things zivu and it's okay, don't worry, it's just for sometime then once everything is sorted out, you will come back to India, I promise"

"You promise?" Ziva asked knowing that Sonnu chachu did fulfil his promises always and he could be trusted for his word.
He nodded. And Ziva looked a little less sad than before.
Mahi gave a greatful look to Sonu who just smiled slightly still not completely happy with mahi for his decision.

Mahi hugged everyone as they were getting late and everyone knew there was no benefit in asking mahi and sakshi to stop as they wouldn't now.

So Harry, Rishabh and jaddu just hugged their mahi bhai tightly, wishing that this was a dream and they could just wake up again, but of course they couldn't because it wasn't a dream.

"Won't you tell your best friend good bye?" Mahi asked sonu as he still hadn't come.
Sonnu just couldn't handle it anymore and hugged him and the tears he was trying to stop, flowed.

"Please don't cry" mahi said.
And wiped his best friend's tears.
"We will call everyday, alright?"
Sonu nodded. And even though both of them knew call was not as same as being physically present, they couldn't do anything else.

After all four of them hugged sakshi and then Ziva, the family sat in the car organised by Sonu where they wouldn't have the risk of getting caught.

Fortunately they didn't get caught in the airport also as they had changed their appearance a little with caps and goggles and all.

And they safely sat in the flight going to new york city and mahi looked sadly out of the window as they flew away to start their new life.

After two weeks

A hesitant virat knew that he had no choice but to go to the conference.
"Ro they are going to ask questions about him." He told his best friend and the vice captain in a sad tone.
"I know vi but you have to face them. You know what? I will come with you."
"Really you would do that?"
"You are my best friend wouldn't i do that for you?"
This made virat smile a little. "Ro just wanted to ask, our friendship, it's real right? Not fake like it was with someone else? You won't leave me right?"

"Tell me you are joking, how dare you think i will leave you or our friendship is fake?" Ro asked faking anger because he also knew why vi was asking like this and he knew that he had to support vi and he would always.
Vi smiled sensing his fake anger and both of them hugged each other and after composing themselves, they went to the conference.

Everyone were surprised to see rohit there but it only gave everyone the proof that no matter what is going on, the captain and vice captain would always stay together.

The first question itself was the dreaded one as the reporter asked "Do you know where Dhoni is? Are you in contact with him? Because no one has seen him from two weeks?"

Virat looked at ro and he just nodded signing that he's with him.
"Why will we be in contact with him?" Vi asked "me, rohit and the team have no contact with him." Virat said.

"So you believe that he's a match fixer?"
"The proofs show that, don't they? Now please we want questions related to the upcoming matches."
"Just one question, it's related to matches only how are you going to manage the environment of the dressing room? Since many of you had a close relationship with him?"
"We are going to try our level best to handle it. We will help everyone to regain their focus on the matches and win. That's the only thing we are going to focus on."

"And who will be able to replace him as wicketkeeper finisher, wouldn't it be hard for you to find another wicketkeeper and finisher in one person?"
"It's not important that we have a wicketkeeper who can finish also, we can have two different people and we do have. Rishabh is an amazing wicketkeeper and finishing job can be handled by hardik and jadeja so i think we have everything covered."

After this virat only answered to some normal questions and said that he wouldn't talk about the match fixing issue anymore as bcci has already cleared everything and has released the statement that no one else was involved.