Ch. 5- A glimpse

"The brightly colored petals make me feel like a child again."

An unfamiliar and gentle voice spoke, their figure standing underneath the shade of the thunder sakura tree.

" Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to have your secret lair near this garden." The voice chuckled, the sound of the pouring rain too overwhelming to bear.

The figure stretched their hands forward, the illuminated shade of pink and purple framing them with majesty.

The light grew dimmer as it slowly faded to darkness, and so did the uncontrolled downpour and roaring thunder.

.

.

.

.

Scaramouche abruptly opened his eyes, his face reached by the glare of the core scanner.

He groaned, setting aside the device from his peripheral vision.

The harbinger took his time adorning himself, adjusting his hat as he glanced at the faulty gadget.

It would seem that he couldn't get a good night's rest even in the solace of the underground facility.

He grimaced, making his way to the dimly lit lab of the doctor.

" Good day to you, sir."

One of the skirmishers greeted as they bowed towards him.

" Have you gotten into contact with Childe?" The balladeer questioned, shifting his sharp gaze between the skirmisher and his fellow lackeys.

" Yes, sir. They are delighted to see you soon after your business here." They answered, still lowering their head towards the harbinger.

" How wonderful." He commented, his face showing no hint of amusement.

The entrance door burst open as the ever so lively Dottore strolled towards the group, shooing them to leave the room nonchalantly.

The chamber went silent as the two harbingers were the ones left in each other's company.

" So, it seems like you'll have to leave in a few days." The doctor pointed out as he noticed Scaramouche carrying the core scanner alongside him.

" Aaah, you've taken a liking to my invented gizmo?" He tattled towards the small harbinger with a wide grin.

" No, I do not." The balladeer grumbled.

Dottore continued to stand still in silence, his gaze fixated at Scaramouche with an unreadable expression on his face.

The doctor closed the distance between the two of them, slowly leaning to utter a word to the 6th harbinger.

" Do you want me to add a new feature to you? I promise it won't take long."

Scaramouche's body tensed, Dottore's crooked smile rendering the harbinger to utter a word.

The balladeer stood his ground, glaring back at the deranged doctor.

" I don't need anything from you." He sneered as he distanced himself and stepped out of the hall in a huff.

He had almost forgotten about the underlying intentions of the masked man. His eyes set on creating and experimentation in such inhumane ways and methods.

Capable of creating formidable and abominable monsters of his own accord and amusement.

The balladeer will just have to be exceptionally cautious around Dottore from now on unless he wants an early and painful demise.

.

.

.

.

The doctor's gaze lingered near the door, his smile warped into a malicious one as he fiddled with his sharp weapon, laughing to himself.

" Such an amusing expression he had. It's a pity he's always so serious."

.

.

.

" Such a pity indeed."