3

"Does that still hurt", she enquired applying cream on that tattoo.

"No, not much", he smiled at her.

"Manik, I love this tattoo", they were strolling along the empty pathways on the hilly area. They are moving to the edge of the crest.

The view is incredibly bewitching. It's a eagle view of an entire city, Manik never noticed the beauty of this view before. He loved traveling and exploring but how did he missed this all while. He turned to her, while she beamed at him.

"It's beautiful right?", She said turning to the view.

"Obviously"

There, both stood silently inhaling each other scents with the peaceful ambience, where the thousand of lights sparkling in all the darkness, the whole city is beaming like the stars in the night sky.

"It gives hope", she whispered again.

"Huh?", He turned to her.

"It gives hope. These people, they never knew whether they can make it next day, they never knew what will happen the next day. Still they went to sleep setting up an alarm, planning the next day schedules, fixing up meetings, preparing for the nextday. They went to sleep hoping the sun would rise again, hoping they will wake up in the morning all fresh and good. That's called hope Manik", she whispered all this while starring at lights with straight face and heavy eyes.

She turned to him, holding his hands and staring right back to his eyes, "Never leave your hope. You will make it one day. Trust yourself and your heart. Everything else falls back to its place".

He closed his eyes unable to make his heart and mind at peace. They were struggling. They were telling him to believe her and whatever she's saying.

Would he really make it oneday?

It felt like he founded a hope. It felt like he atlast find a gleam of golden light amidst his darkness. It felt like he's finally got enough strength to fight the darkness.

He opened his eyes only to see her face still staring at him wordlessly. He joined his forehead with hers and closed his again. His heart and mind found peace. He sighed inhaling her addictive scent as she closed her eyes cluching his hands as if her life depends on it.

"Where are you all this while?", he whispered, ever so softly like a gently breeze.

"Malhotra don't fall for me, I'm no good", she whispered back shaking her head.

"Huh?", He opened his eyes again. Her eyes still closed, breathing heavily. Her brows were furrowed like she was contemplating something inside her mind. She sighed again and opened her eyes.

He watched her with bewilderment. No matter what, he can't understand this girl. He watched her checking for the time which is 11.59.

"Happy Birthday Manik!", She whispered.

How did she know it was his birthday?

"I hope I made this birthday quite good. I wish you all happiness and success in the world"

She tippy toed her legs and placed her lips on his lips. And they were went to euphoric ecstasy tasting each other, they stood there under the night sky, where the stars shining bright and the fireflies glowing around them, they were in each other arms, lips lached to each other, forgetting the world, creating an infinity of their own, finally feeling what forever felt like!

And this moment is what he called forever. The forever he always longed for. Every nerves cells in his mind blasting adrenaline bringing him to the another universe.

They parted as they ran out of breath and the time beeped 12.00 am.

"Uh... I gotta go, Manik", she stated breathlessly.

Manik nodded in absent minded. He still didn't came back to his senses untill she found her starting the bike and heading off without him.

"Hey dollface", he yelled.

She stopped and turned back at him.

"What's your name?", He asked finally coming back to his senses.

She said something which he clearly doesn't hear because of the loud ringtone of his damn phone. He took his phone and silenced it annoyedly without even checking who called at this late hour.

When looked for her, all he saw was an empty road where there no trace of her.

She's gone.

He picked up a bracelet which was near his foot. It was her bracelet. It's was the souviner he left for him, the wonderful night which he can't ever forget in his lifetime.

He strolled down to the main area and walking thoughtfully along the streets empty handed.

Thoughts about her, thoughts about this night. Now, it's all felt like dream. It's so beautiful to be true. She's like an angel sent for him by the God to get his self up again. Atleast he's gonna believe it like that.

He summarized up and came to conclusion that she gave him, himself!

Yup, She gave him his MUSIC. first, he rocked in that audition. It was few hours ago, he felted like a complete failure after failing his first audition. It was hard to process, getting failed at what he thought he's best at, what he loved, what he lived for. But just after that, she gave back all the confidence he lost, she gave him back his music, his love, his life.

Music!

She gave him AFFECTION.Amidst all the childrens, she make him felt what a true affection felt like. What it is, like to be loved for who you are rather than what you are. She showed him, what it is pure affection is without any expectations. She bestowed him what it to be loved for being Manik, not a Malhotra!

Affection!

Then she gave him a NEW FOUND HOPE, a New life, under this starry night with a beautiful view at the hill, she gave him new found hope. She was his new ray of light entered in his dark world to brighten. She make him to trust himself again. He never gonna let her down. He gained all the confidence, self trust and hope. He now knows everything fall back eventually!

New found hope!

She gave him, their little INFINITY in this beautiful night. He never thought he would be this happy, this peaceful on his entire life, on his birthday. Time spend with her was felt like an infinity. They created an infinity amidst the thousands of seconds the spend with each other.

Infinity!

Last but not the least, the goodbye KISS. He didn't know how that happens. But all he know was he love her and he regretted for not holding onto her when she's mere an inch away. The kiss is bittersweet. He didn't know it was a goodbye kiss untill he saw her leaving. He didn't know that she will end his birthday with a sweet savouring memory. He can still taste her in his lips. He can still inhale her scent. It felt like she's everywhere but he can't see her. She gave him the soulful kiss made him what forever felt like. It felt like she kissed him with her soul.

Kiss!

She gave him Music, Affection, New found hope, Infinity and Kiss which sums up for - MANIK!

Just Manik, not a famous business man's son, Manik Malhotra.

She gave him Manik. She gave him himself!

She came in his life as a pole star, guiding him a home. He is now at home, he started at that bracelet longingly, sitting on the stone bench on the park.

Will she come again?

Or should he be lost again for her to come?!

•••