FIRST AND LAST

At Aleisha's flat

Somewhere in flat 385B a alarm went off causing Aleisha to wake up. Groaning she sat up. 'Time to get up already?' She wondered. Getting off her bed she went to her closet and picked out an outfit. She took a quick shower then make some toast for breakfast. Checking her watch she almost freaked out. It was 9:45! She rushed out the door with the toast hanging in her mouth and hailed a taxi.

"Can I eat in here?" She asked. "No. I'm sorry." The taxi driver said. "Dam!" She cursed under her breath. "What's the hurry, ma'am?" The driver said turning around. She gasped. Aleisha had to use all her might not to snap at Jim. "It's pointless asking how you got a taxi, isn't it?" She asked. He smirked evily "Yes." She sighed. 'This is going to be a fun job!' She thought sarcastically. "If you were just going to take a cab then why did you tell me to meet you at the hospital?" She asked. "Because I only thought of the idea this morning. But since we're here I'll drop off the cab and we'll walk since it's not to far." He said parking the car.

They got out of the car & started to walk. "Mind me asking where we're going?" Aleisha asked. "To the old abandoned warehouse up here." Jim responded. There was silence for a few minutes. "Mind if I listen to music? I don't have headphones but I'm planning on buying some." He asked. "Not at all!" Aleisha chirped. "Ok...um....thanks." Jim said. 'That's weird. He seems uncomfortable saying things like thanks-' her thoughts were cut off by a melodic tune playing.

Well you can tell by the way I use my walk I'm a woman's man, no time to talk, music loud, women walk being kicked around since I was born, but it's alright, it's okay I'll live to see another day, you can look the other way, we can try to understand, whether you're a mother or brother you're stayin alive, stayin alive, oh oh oh oh stayin alive- the music stopped abruptly. "We're here." He said smiling. She shook her head to clear it "Sorry. It's just very interesting music." She said. "It's fine." He said. "I understand. It's my favorite song." They walked in past empty rooms with crumbling walls and burnt doors until they came to one with perfect brown double doors and white painted walls.

"Ladies first." Jim said. Hesitantly she opened the doors to reveal a completely furnished room. She gasped. "Amazing isn't it?" He asked entering behind her. She couldn't do anything but nod. Now next to her Jim chuckled sending a shudder down her spine for a reason she didn't know. "So what do I do as your assistant?" She asked. "Mostly little things like organizing things, getting me something, excedra." At this her eyes lit up. "Organization?" She asked. "You like organizing?" He asked. She nodded. "Well don't worry, you'll be doing a lot of that." He laughed. He looked thoughtful for a moment. "What is it bo- er I mean Jim?' She asked. "I don't know why but meeting you changed me." He said. "What do you mean?" She asked. "I never used to laugh, chuckle, or say thanks or anything like that but now it seems I am." He said.

She didn't awnser. She was lost in thought. "You know there's a room I could clean out and you could stay here if you want. We could move all your belongings into it." He offered breaking the silence that had filled the room. "Um.....sure." she said happily. Suddenly there was a loud BANG coming from the front door. Jim got up quickly. "Follow me." He said. Doing as he said Aleisha followed him out of the room and down the corridor of the old warehouse. "What's happening?" She asked once they had stopped. "Climb out this window and go to your flat." He said to her. "What's going on?" She asked again a little more demanding. "Listen to me you must go back to your flat. Climb out the window. Please." He said. Please. That was one of the things he almost never said. She hesitated once before saying one thing to him and disappearing through the window back to her flat: "My first and last day on the job."