Chapter 3- Official Welcome

After being given the tour by Chuck. I learned so much more about this place. Chuck answered most of my questions, the only thing left unknown to me was the maze. I know runners run the maze it was there job. But what was so dangerous no one could enter the maze besides runners?

For someone reason I just felt drawn towards the maze. I was so curious about what laid out beyond those walls. Ideas about the maze ran through my head while I twirled a flower in my hands with my back against the tree. Chuck finished giving me the tour about five minutes ago and he said he would be back and had to finish something quickly.

Soon enough after thoughts swirled through my head I saw Chuck running up to my with his curls bouncing up and down with each step. "Hey again" Chuck says to me trying to catch his breath.

"Hey Chuck" I say while giggling at the young boy in front of me.

"Dinners ready want to go and get it" Chuck says to me already starting to head in that direction.

"Sure" I say quickly standing up and walking next to the shorter boy. Chuck led the way to the dining hall before we even entered you could here chatter and laughter from every corner of the room. We walked in to the delicious smell of cooked meat.

As soon as we entered the room got quieter and I could feel all eyes on me. I tried my best to not pay attention to the stares and whispers. Since I found out I was the only girl in the glade I got even more freaked out, I just did my best to hide my fear.

Chuck walked up and grabbed his plate of food waiting for me to do the same. I grabbed my plate and heard someone walk in to the dinning hall from behind me.

"Alright everyone stop staring and get back to eating nothing to see here" I hear Minho yell. I look over to him and give him a thankful smile. Then I continue to follow Chuck to some seats in the room. We get seats in the back corner of the room. Newt was a crossed from me and Chuck beside me. Minho shortly after takes the seat besides Newt. With boys I didn't know greeting him as he sat down.

I started eating as conversations were happening all around me. I felt so out of place like I didn't belong. So I just looked down at my plate and continued to eat silently.

"Greenie greeeenie" Chuck says to me trying to get my attention. My head shot up realizing I was just staring at my plate day dreaming. Looking over to see Minho laughing and Newt trying his hardest not to laugh. "Yea" I say just loud enough for Chuck to hear. "Are you excited For the bonfire later" Chuck says looking at me excitedly.

"Bonfire no one told me about a bonfire" I say looking at Chuck with a puzzled expression.

"Well every Greenie gets a special bonfire just for there selves when they come up" newt says while chuckling.

"No way I get a special bonfire wow I feel so honored" Chuck laughing immediately after I finished my sentence. "Don't feel special everyone gets one" Minho says eyeing me down like a hawk.

"Wow couldn't let me feel special for five seconds" I say while giving an eye roll. "Nope" Minho says exaggerating the p in nope and chuckling shortly after.

I finish dinner shortly after and I start to go to put my plate away with Minho following shortly after me to put his away too. I set my plate down but before I can go Minho calls out to me.

"Hey princess why don't you met our lovely cook frypan here" he says pointing to the boy in the kitchen. "Oh sure I would love too" I say sarcastically walking back on over to Minho.

"Hey fry" Minho calls out to the boy. The boy looks up at us stopping what he was doing with a smile on his face. He has dark skin and is wearing a messy apron and cargo shorts. "Hi" I say waving to the boy.