Chapter 1: Welcome, Macross Overture!

I return with the 2nd book to the SDVF series. I apologize not only for the long delay (I was suuuper lazy lol), but the last book's kinda... At times it felt bad lol.

But now I'm back with book two of five.

Also, New Macross movies pog.

———————————————————-

It has been barely a few years since the universe's most bloody and long lasting conflicts ended. It has been barely a few years, and almost the entire universe has changed. For starters, the race that started the universal conflict, the Galra, have moved on from being an empire to a republic, the New Galran Republic, to be precise. The Alteans began rebuilding their civilization after the total genocide of Altea. The Olkarians have found a new home on a planet close to Earth's Solar System, and the Voltron Coalition has been spreading peace and love throughout the universe.

Earth had changed considerably since the end of the universal war as well. With the exposure of the Macross and its technologies to the Galaxy Garrison, as well as a complete database, the Garrison began reworking the defenses of Earth. Admiral Maximilian Holt began enlisting the Olkarians living on Earth to help in the process of creating and building new ships for the Earth Defense Fleet, an armada of battleships that anchor and defend Earth from all invaders, using pre-existing designs and weapons from his timeline, but adding in a few Altean, Galran and some of these Earth designed weapons as well. He also began the work of creating new ships to defend Earth and assist the Coalition. For Example, the Ashira class super battleship, armed to the teeth with anti ship guns, a powerful super dimensional energy cannon, and could carry more reactionary and dimensional missiles than any other ship in the fleet, besides the Macross itself. It was the perfect project, however, an itching feeling was settling in his mind, one that a similar, more legendary admiral 60 years ago in his world had felt before. Max could see the brewing storms on the horizon of time, and he was going to fight his hardest to make sure another genocide would never happen again...

(A/N: If you want to visualize the ship, this is as close as I can make you picture it, though this is honestly not even close to what I had in mind for it's design.  It will at least help you see what it sort of looks like).

Max shook off the thoughts in his head, as he turned to face the window next to him

Max shook off the thoughts in his head, as he turned to face the window next to him. Rays of light pierced into his room, exposing the beautiful city in his vision. He placed a small datapad on the table in front of him, then glanced at the object in the center of his vision, the massive, still under construction guns piercing the skies reflected in his eyes.

"I'll make sure that no more harm will come to the citizens of Earth... I promise..." he muttered to himself. He sighed, then looked at his wrist watch on his left arm. He read the time, "1:43... damn, better get going." He spoke as he grabbed his cap from the desk. He pressed it on his head and adjusted its fit on his head. He walked to the front door and opened it, then turned around to the construction in the window. "Time to start our next frontier...", he said before closing the door.