Chapter 4: The Protoculture

Hey there!!

It's been... a while...

I hope you are enjoying the chapters so far!

I want to say this, I can't make chapters as frequently as before. I have a lot to do besides this, and I want to make everything else my priority.

So yeah...

...I have no idea what else to say now...

Oh! I got it!

*Clears throat* I've come to make an announcement, Shadow the Hedgehog is a bitchass motherfu-

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One day later...

The wormhole opened high above the planet as it spat out dozens of ships. The Atlas was the first to appear before any other ships. For the first time, Katie was able to see the planet below, and she could see the horror of the battle that occurred here.

The first thing that drew her eyes' attention was the hulks of the ships that floated above the planet. A couple of the ships were still burning, which was a little intriguing.

"We've arrived at the Colony site, sir," Veronica spoke as she looked over her shoulder to Shiro.

"Sensors show about 20 ships ahead of the debris field remaining stationary high above the planet's orbit. All of them belong to Captain Olia's fleet," Coran said as he read.

"Admiral, we're getting a short range transmission from the SDF-2, it's Captain Olia," Veronica shouted as she leaned over slightly.

"Put her up," Shiro ordered. Veronica nodded as she opened the comms and a holoscreen projected itself in front of Shiro, displaying Olia with a small smile.

"Good to see you in the field, Admiral!" Olia spoke as she sat down in her chair.

"Likewise. Got anything to report?" Shiro asked.

That's where Olia's smile fell as she nodded, "I do, both good news, bad news.."

Shiro raised an eyebrow, "do tell, start with the good news first..."

"The good news is that after analyzing the data from the debris from the fleet. We have evidence to suggest that the Macross did in fact escape the battle along with a few ships, although she looks like she's barely keeping up," Olia paused as she displayed a grainy, but still visible image of the Macross escaping a battle via a Fold, fires erupted throughout the hull of the ship.

Kaite's eyes widened at the state of the ship, but relief eased her nerves, "Max..."

"Our teams on the surface also have found some small pockets of survivors deep in the ruins of the city," Olia continued as the image exited from the screen, "however the good news ends there. We've examined the city. 93% of the city has been decimated, only a few skyscrapers still stand, but barely. We found the wreckage of several Galran and Earth ships that we believe were docked when the fleet was attacked. However... I recommend you go down to the surface and see for yourself..." Olia finished as an officer tapped her shoulder and showed her something on a datapad. She read it for a moment before her eyes widened, "are you sure?!" She spoke in a panicked tone. The officer nodded, then walked away from the view of Team Voltron. Olia looked back at the Paladins, "I have some news, we've been able to use the Fold energy to get a rough estimate of where the Macross might have gone to. Evidence seems to suggest that the Fold ends at the De'Gor system!"

Everyone gasped at what Olia had just said. Katie was the first to come out of shock, "Then what are we waiting for! Let's go out and find them!"

"We aren't going Katie," Shiro's voice made her heart drop. She shot her gaze up at the older man, who had a solemn expression on his face.