Symbol Story: Shallare

Adventure Grounds looked a lot better now. Shallare renovated the building and made it a large greenhouse instead. He still hasn't given up engineering, though. But hey, at least it took a turn for the greater, right?

"Oh, hey there Player," a gray to orange point greeted. He was hunched over something. Was it a robot?

"Heya Shallare!" I grinned. "What are you up to?" Shallare stood up and wiped a tear from his forehead. "Ta-da! I present to you: a sprinkler system that's fully underground!" He gestured towards a small, umbrella-like metal sprinkler that was poking out of the ground. "Cool. How do you activate it though?" "Glad you asked!" He pulled a remote control out of his pocket. "Step back if you don't want to be drenched."

He hit a button. Nothing happened. "Are you sure it's working?" "Uh, yeah, I'm 99.99% sure. Let's wait a bit."

A few seconds passed. Nothing.

"That's weird. Maybe if I press the on button again it'll work..." He pushed it, and suddenly, a burst of water spewed up and at Shallare's face. "AAH!" Shallare fell onto the grass. "Quickly, we gotta stop it!" "There's a nearby valve! Turn it, and the water will stop flowing!" "Right!" Luckily for us, the sprinkler was placed right next to the building, and on the wall was a bright red valve. I dashed to it. "Which way do I turn it?" I asked. "JUST ANY WAY WORKS, BUT PLEASE TURN IT OFF!" "Okay, okay!" I spun it to the right and just as Shallare predicted, the water began to ease and turn off.

"Whew! Glad that's over. You could've been a little faster though," Shallare commented. "I went as fast as I could, okay? Anyway, the system still isn't ready," I noted. "Yeah, but that's okay! I could always fix it. And when I figure out what went wrong, I can prevent what just happened now from ever happening again!" he exclaimed. He picked up his wrench and pointed it towards me. "And you're helping me!"

"HUH?! But I'm no mechanic, I don't know what to do in this situation!" He chuckled. "No problem, I'll teach ya. It'll be useful, especially if your car breaks down." "I don't have a car though..." He put an arm around my shoulder. "Well, if you do get one in the future, it'll be helpful anyways. I know for sure that fixing it yourself saves a lot of money."

«~~~~»

Sorry for not writing anything Broken Ties related ahahaha. I was very busy with school. Hopefully, I'll be able to release Chapter 11 (and later on an epilogue) so I can finish the AU off with a bang. A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶u̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶l̶m̶a̶o̶-̶.

This was inspired by the sync pair stories in pokémon masters ex, check out the game. Oh yeah, my friend code for the game is 2379-7667-3697-1005.