Chapter 1 - Life of Illusion

Disclaimer: The Show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me. I don't own the rights to the the show The Twilight Zone Either.

Somewhere over the rainbow.

Chapter 1 – Life of Illusion

This is a Victorious story adapted by me, from an original episode of the 60's show "The Twilight Zone" Entitled "A world of Difference" written by Richard Matheson

No One's POV

The bell rang and the students in Sikowitzs sat down, wondering where he was. In the center of the stage was one of his coconuts but nothing else. Suddenly a puff of green smoke blew up from the stage and when it dissipated there he was. The most puzzling part was that no one saw him enter through either the door or the window.

"Hello Children. How are we today?"

He didn't bother to wait for response, before getting down to his lesson about entrances and exits. It was announcement the end of the class everyone was waiting for.

Just before the class ended Sikowitz finally said.

"OK, now what you are waiting for. Who got what part in our production of Wizard of OZ."

Jade, Tori, Andre, Beck and the others in class sat up and paid rapt attention.

"Robbie, you are the Tin Man."

"Andre you are Scarecrow" He announced, causing the youth to smile.

"Cat you are the Glinda Good witch of the North."

"Off with her head" Cat suddenly blurted out rather menacingly, causing the classroom to look at her strangely.

"Very nice, but that was the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland." Sikowitz said looking mildly impressed.

"But I have red hair, I'd be perfect for the part." Cat pointed out, showing off her long red hair which everyone was already painfully aware of.

"Yes you would be, if we were putting on Alice in wonderland, but were not so you're Glinda the good Witch of the North." Sikowitz said somewhat sternly.

"Can I still say off with her head?"

"NO" the teacher barked unexpectedly, silencing Cat.

"Beck you are Cowardly Lion" Beck then nodded in approval and sat back in his seat.

He then rattled off several other parts to the kids in the class who strangely never speak

"OK, now down to the final two parts. Dorothy and the Wicked Witch of the east. And our two aspiring actresses. Tori and Jade."

Tori nervously smiled at the Goth, who simply glared back. Jade smiled knowing that she would play the Witch and Goody Goody Vega would play Dorothy. Jade loved the thought of menacing Vega on stage.

"Tori you are the Wicked Witch of the West and Jade you are Dorothy."

"WHAT!" Jade barked out as she shot out of her chair.

"Yes Jade, you are our sweet loveable Dorothy."

"I can't be sweet and loveable, do I look sweet and loveable to you!" Before anyone could answer Jade pulled out a pair of scissors and waved them around. "Don't any of you dare answer that."

"It's called playing against type Jade, or would you rather play a munchkin?" There was a tone of finality to his voice.

Jade just sat down sulking for a moment and then glared once again at the now very nervous looking Tori.