Chapter 3

Thank you for all of you who read it. Please be patient with me, I promise I'm trying my best.

Last thing, I have not decided if Y/N should be a boy or girl. One comment said boy and one said girl. Maybe I'll figure it out or perhaps I will leave it gender neutral just to be fair. Ok, sorry for such the long statement. Hopefully you enjoy this chapter.
______________________________________

In the end Ezekiel was the one who left, leaving Y/N to join the Killer Bass.

Y/N got up as they heard a loud air horn go off. Y/N quickly covered their bed again, blocking all view and changed clothes. Once they were done they fixed their bed back and put away their other clothes.

A few groans and complains could be heard as everyone stepped outside. Chris was talking about the challenge making Owen speak, "Oh, excuse me. I don't know if that's enough time to eat breakfast." Chris smiled and said "Oh you'll get breakfast Owen. Right after you complete your twenty kilometer run around the lake."

Y/N saw Eva look like she was about to punch Chris. Y/N took this opportunity to go inside and get their phone and headphones. Y/N came back outside just in time for the challenge to start.

Y/N quickly plugged in their headphones and started playing their music. Y/N took a deep breath in and breathed it out. "Go!" Y/N ran alongside some of the others before quickly passing them.

Once Y/N reached the end they sat in the corner seat of the table, waiting for the others. One by one they slowly made it to the cafeteria. (Apologies, I had no idea what to call it.)

Y/N looked at the door as it opened, making eye contact with Duncan. Y/N quickly looked away. They weren't one for maintaining eye contact for very long. Duncan sat at the other end of the table looking bored. A few minutes later Owen came bursting through the door with Noah on his shoulder.

Leshawna was behind him practically gasping for breath. "Clear a table, stat!" Owen placed Noah on the table and started doing compressions on his chest. Soon Harold walked through the door and fell to his knees. "What took you so long?" Courtney looked at Harold with her hands on her hips.

Y/N was getting tired of Courtney. The Screaming Gophers cheered as they won the challenge, only to have Chris say that wasn't the challenge. Suddenly a curtain was behind him and it was opened, revealing a buffet of food.

Y/N ate some of the food as did the other islanders, except Y/N ate only a little. The food looked delicious, but Chris couldn't have done this just to be nice.

After all the food was gone Chris appeared again. "Alright campers! Time for part two of your challenge." Y/N watched as the other groaned and complained. "It's called the Awake-a-thon!" Chris continued talking then told everyone to get moving.

As Y/N walked out they saw Trent and Gwen talking. Y/N already knew they'd taken a liking to each other. 'They'd be kinda cute together.'

Twelve hours had passed since then. Y/N was sat next to Duncan a little ways from the others. Duncan was a little surprised at first that Y/N came to sit next to him. Duncan's head slowly started to fall then suddenly sprung back up. Y/N poked his arm a bit. "What's up?"

Y/N seemed hesitant before speaking. "Did you want to talk? Maybe it'd make the time go by faster?" Duncan couldn't tell by the voice if they were a boy or a girl, maybe it was the sleep deprivation. "Yeah ok, that sounds good."

Only fifteen seconds remained, nine gophers were still awake, while eight bass were still awake. Duncan and Y/N had been talking the whole time, more so in whispers as Y/N didn't want anybody else to hear.

Suddenly Chris spoke. "Congratulations campers! You've made it to the twenty-four hour mark. Now to take things up a notch." Chef came out of nowhere, wearing a sheep costume, with a harp in his hand. "Fairy tales." Chris started reading and Chef played the harp.

Y/N groaned out of boredom at this point. Eighty-two hours total had passed by. They watched as Duncan had a coffee mug filled with water and went to a sleep Harold. He lifted Harold's hand and placed it in the coffee mug. "Oh, gross, it works!" Y/N snickered a bit as a wet spot formed on Harold's shorts.

Just as Gwen talked about coffee, Chris appeared, drinking one. "What is wrong with you people? Fall asleep already!" He looked around, three gophers, and three bass. "You six stay with me, the rest of you go shower, you stink." Harold was the first one to run while covering the front of his shorts.

"I didn't want it to come to this. The most sleep inducing activity I could find. The history of Canada, a pop up book." Chris started reading.

Eighty-six hours total had now passed. Heather was now passed out. Trent passed out just mere moments ago. Leaving Gwen, Duncan, and Y/N.

Y/N and Duncan had been whispering to each other as Chris was reading, ensuring neither would fall asleep. "Bathroom break." Gwen and Duncan talked to see who would hold it longer. Duncan lost and had to go to the bathroom, leaving Y/N and Gwen.

Y/N felt their eyes droop as soon as Duncan left. Their arms were crossed as their eyes closed.

"We have news, looks like Duncan fell asleep! Leaving only you two." Chris looked at Y/N who's head dropped slightly. He walked over and poked their arm. "You there?" He got no response and got closer. That's when he heard light snoring. "Well looks like the winner is, Gwen!" Gwen just hit the floor as that was said.

All the members of the Killer Bass sat on the logs by the fire. Y/N chose to sit next to Duncan seeing as they got along. "You've all cast your votes and made your decision." Chris announced to the half asleep campers.

"There are only ten marshmallows on this plate. When I call your name, come up and claim your marshmallow. The camper who does not claim one, must leave."

Chris started tossing the marshmallows. First to Duncan, Y/N, Bridgette, Courtney, Katie, Sadie, Tyler, DJ, Geoff, and finally Harold. Eva left in a fit, leaving the rest of the of the killer bass safe.

Y/N whispered to Duncan who nodded. "I'm sure that'd be fine." Duncan talked to one of the boy members and Y/N saw them nod. "Hey, Y/N, DJ said he doesn't mind switching." Y/N nodded. Y/N was glad DJ didn't mind switching beds.
_________________________________________
(Idk if DJ sleeps in the bunk under or on top of Duncan, but for the story's sake we'll say he sleeps under Duncan. So DJ and Y/N just switched beds.)

I tried making this chapter longer than the others so hopefully it was.