Prologue

Well then, imagine a woman, sitting in a cell with only one entrance through which a dim light is shining. Her arms are restrained in a straight jacket that hugs her small body tightly and around her neck rests a shock collar to prevent her from moving around. When someone would walk past her cell, she would hear faint voices and see their shadows that were projected through the entrances light on the cement wall.
Do you think she could be able to see anything but the shadows? How could she, if she has to stay still the whole time? Wouldn't she think that the voices must come from the shadows when she can't talk to her teammates? Wouldn't she think that nothing but the voices and shadows are real?
Think about what would happen, if someone would free her from the restrains and told her that those shadows weren't talking to her.
If she were to be unleashed and suddenly had to get up to walk forward with her neck turned and look up at the light, but still in pain through it all, yet unable to look at the things whose shadows she had seen then because of the brightness, how do you think she would react to it?
And if she would be shown the real world, wouldn't she think that what she experienced is much more close to reality; her reality?
And if you would force her to look into the light itself, wouldn't her eyes be in pain and wouldn't she turn to what she can see; the shadows?
And if she would finally reach the light, her eyes blinded by it's brightness, she wouldn't be in the condition to see her surroundings. Not instantly at least, it takes time to adjust your eyes to the brightness. At first it's the easiest to see the shadows, then silhouettes of people and things in the water, then people and thinhgs in their physical form.
Therefore she would still see the sky better, if she would look into the dim moonlight instead of the bright sun. How could she not. But sooner or later she will recognize that the sun is the reason that she can see anything at all, even the shadows cannot exist without a lightsource.
If she would remember her cell now, don't you think she would be happy about her rescue? Surely.
So if she would have to go back to that cell and would sit down in the same place, wouldn't her eyes be totally dark because she came from the sun. Wouldn't they tell her that the escape wasn't worth it because she came  back with spoiled eyes?
And wouldn't someone that tries to loosen her restrains and lead her out of the darkness get killed, if they would get the chance?

《Authors note》
The prologue is pretty short but I think it already tells a lot of where the story will go. Tell me what you think of the prologue in the comments and dont forget to vote! The actual chapter will be longer, don't worry.
Word count: 520 words