chapter 3

Reinhard van Astrea, the man that stood right before me at the current moment.  He was quite possibly the strongest person I had ever met since entering this world.And i could have easily dealt with him if I felt so, however i wouldn’t be doing myself or anyone any favors by stripping away this world's most powerful alley. 

In the first place, I would rather not kill if I didn’t have to.  At times it triggered… unfavourable memories. 
And that’s why this situation was currently such a difficult one.  Reinhard had his hand on his hilt eyes brimming with what seemed to be hostility and anxiety.  If worst came to worst I might have to fight him. 

“...”  tension ran high within the alleyway as he slowly began to approach me and the boy standing beside me.  I took a step back contemplating whether to run or not.  That might just be the simplest solution.  I can always circle back to follow this kid if necessary. 

Just as these thoughts formed onto something, something very unexpected happened.  The boy to my side, stepped in front of me and put his arm in between me and Reinhard.

“?...” I made no effort to hide my confusion and neither did Reinhard.  The boy wore a stupid smile which was then quickly replaced with a serious expression.
“Ahem,” he cleared his throat dramatically.  “Can we help you?”  he asked with a strange sense of confidence which, if I were to be honest, didn’t make much sense.  At least to me.

“...Do you have any clue who it is that standing behind you?”  Reinhard asked slowly.

“...” at this question, he seemed to falter.  I really couldn’t understand what he was trying to do.  “No, but she helped me.  At the very least I should repay the favor.” 

“...” this left Reinhard in shock. He looked towards me in confusion.  If I had to guess he would be asking himself why I helped this kid.

Now at this point, I was able to digest everything that was happening and as much as I’d love to see how it all panned out I decided to slip out of there for the time being. 

Me being associated with him would only get him killed again, which results in the world getting reverted over and over again.  'In the first place, I didn’t have to be at all close to him for me to observe him.  I teleported back to my room and used universal sense to find him once more and observe him from a safe distance. 

It seemed he was confused at my sudden disappearance.  After I left Reinhard seemed to calm down quite a bit, and apologized for his attitude to the boy and the two spoke for a bit. As they talked the boy told Reinhard his name. 

Natsuki Subaru. 

He had told Reinhard to send a message from him to another girl.  With white robes and silver hair.  Now silver hair conjured a certain image of someone in my mind. 

Hmm, wait didn’t he also…
I was reminded that he also had that witch's aura.  This train of thought quickly sent me into some theories about Subaru and what his relationship could be with the witch of Envy Satella. 

Could he have broken the seal?
But how?
He wouldn’t have nearly been strong enough. . .
… But wasn't he from Japan? . . .
. . . Is he part of the witches cult perhaps…
no, they hate me.
It seems he doesn’t understand his ability…
Perhaps he…
… My thoughts began to consume me as I delved into everything I knew.

However, I still came up empty-handed.  There just wasn’t enough information to go off of.  However, one important thing was clear.  He had some massive connection to the Witch of Envy. 

I couldn’t do much but observe him for a little while longer.  So that’s what I decided to do. 

It was rather uneventful, at least from where I last saw before getting too bored to care anymore.  So after he left Reinhard began to look for a little girl apparently named Felt.  From what I gathered she had apparently stolen an insignia that belonged to the aforementioned silver-haired, white-robed girl.