Chapter 15: "Can We Talk?"

Getting close to the end here,  I think...

Not my anime, not my characters, just my fanfiction.

.................................................

Both Index and Misaka started when they heard Shirai sob. They looked and saw the little teleporter on the floor by the bathroom door, her face covered by her hands. Misaka quickly rolled out of bed and raced over to Shirai.

"Kuroko! What's wrong?"

"I should have known when you said you would marry Index, that she had captured your heart! That there was no room for me!" Shirai sobbed. "I saw you both confessing just now!"

Misaka looked over at Index, who motioned to her to bring Shirai over. Misaka picked Shirai up and Bridal carried her to the bed. Index swam over to sit next to Misaka, who was cuddling Shirai on her lap. Shirai, while she wanted to be cuddled, also didn't want to be patronized by Misaka and started to struggle a little to get away.

"Kuroko! Index and I are just Sisters and friends. Rivals too. If ever I decide I want to be with a *girl* like *that*, it would only, *could only* be you!" Misaka said in a husky, emotional voice.

Shirai instantly stopped struggling and almost went limp from shock. Was that a...confession? Of sorts?

"Sissy?"

"I will go wash my face and give you both some privacy," Index said, as she went into the washroom and closed the door.

Misaka looked down at Shirai's hopeful, loving face and sighed. "Kuroko, I don't truly know what love is or what I am feeling. I am sure what I feel for Kamijou is love," Misaka said plainly. "I'm think what you feel for me is love, but sometimes I think it is just lust because of the way you...touch me and sneak in my bed and..."

"Stop! I understand, Sissy," Shirai said blushing deeply.

"But I have feelings for you too, Kuroko," Misaka admitted, "I'm just not sure what they are."

Hope spread through Shirai's body. Sissy had 'feelings'!

"Mi...Mikoto..." Shirai asked softly, "Would you try going on a date or to with me as well?"

Misaka sat still, frozen. Shirai held her breath, wondering if she was breaking their friendship.

"Never mind, Sissy. It was a stupid thing..."

"If you promise no perversions, no grabbing, no jealousy, and to be a... gentlewoman, I would consider it."

Shirai almost swooned from joy! "Sissy? Really?"

"I must be crazy," Misaka whispered to herself. "You will have to prove yourself to me before I will date you, Kuroko and I can't promise anything will come of it. But if you can control yourself, and I can feel safe, I might consider it."

A smile wider than a rainbow broke out on Shirai's face. "I'll prove myself to you, Sissy!"

Index popped back out of the bathroom. "All better?"

The joyous look on Shirai's face answered her question.

"Misaka?" Index said, "Do you mind if Shirai is in the middle tonight and we can both cuddle her?"

"You want to cuddle me, Index?" Shirai asked, stunned.

"Of course! You are my new Sister's best friend and I want cuddles too!" Index said. "What is it called, um, 'Skinship'?"

Misaka and Shirai blushed.

"Touma rarely, if ever cuddles me, and I want to have cuddles!" Index cried.