vii. Fever

Just like every other day, Natasha left their house at 8am while Wanda was still sleeping. The older woman had always a lot of meetings and things to do at the Avengers compound and Wanda went there for her training or when they had some new mission, and of course to see Nat and the other guys. Actually, she spent a lot of time there even when she hadn't to, but she liked to be with them so she didn't mind leaving the house in the morning and coming back for dinner.
The night before Wanda told Natasha she wanted to sleep in and go at the compound later, the redhead obviously said it was okay. So the next morning Nat woke up, made her breakfast and brought it in their bedroom before leaving for work.

When Wanda woke up she was already feeling like she was in hangover, except she didn't drink anything the night before. She sighed and rolled on the bed, closing her eyes again but her body wouldn't let her sleep, so she sat up and started to breathe slowly to see if it would pass.
Thirty minutes later, not only it didn't pass, she also started to feel nauseous only by staring at the tray where Nat put her breakfast.

Little Witch❤️‍🔥

Hi baby, where are you?

She put her phone back on the nightstand and tried to sleep. Nothing. She forced herself to get up and go to the bathroom to see if they had some pills, but the cabinet was empty.

« Damn. »

Baby 🖤

Good morning my love, I just got out of a meeting
Wanna come here?
We'll probably have lunch then Tony wants to show us something

« Shut up. » Wanda said coming back from the bathroom when she heard her phone ringing nonstop. She picked it up and read Nat's texts, then she sighed.

Little Witch ❤️‍🔥

If it's not necessary, I think I'll pass today
I have a headache and it's killing me
I'll see you when you get home
I love you ❤️

Baby 🖤

I'm coming home, do you need anything?

Little Witch❤️‍🔥

No baby, don't worry
Stay there
It's just a headache, I'll try to sleep

Baby 🖤

Okay, but I'll try to come back as soon as I can
I love you

Wanda left her phone on the other side of the bed and tried to sleep it off; eventually she fell asleep, ignoring her body aching everywhere.

Hours passed from Wanda's last text and it was 5pm, so Natasha decided to go home and check on her just to be sure she was okay; she finished everything and got to her car. The woman stopped to buy something to eat from Wanda's favorite place and some pills for her headache, then she went home.

« Babe, I'm home. » she said while leaving the bags on the counter. When she didn't hear an answer, she run upstairs just to see Wanda's body curled up in their bed.

When she went closer and noticed her body shaking, she touched her forehead and felt her skin almost on fire.
Natasha started to feel guilty for leaving her like that, she knew her girlfriend wasn't feeling good and still, she stayed at work. She was cursing herself while she wet some towels, then she went back to the bedroom and started to put them on Wanda's body.

« I'm here Wands, I'm sorry. » she whispered kissing her forehead, making the brunette slightly open her eyes.

« Hi, what are you doing here? My girlfriend will come back soon, she's very strong you know? » she mumbled stirring up and closing her eyes again. The redhead tried not to laugh, but she couldn't help it. Her girlfriend was delirious and it was one of the most adorable things ever, but Natasha was still sorry about leaving her alone.

« Oh yeah? And who's your girlfriend? » Nat asked and took some pills, put it on the nightstand and sat next to her stroking her hair.

« She is a... Revenger. Venger. No, I think she's an Avenger. » the woman said laying her head on Natasha's chest, who was laughing again. « She is strong. And cool. And hot. Super hot. And I wanna marry her. » Wanda's last word made Natasha choke on herself, she knew her girlfriend was sick, but those words hit her hard anyway.

She cleared her throat and kissed her cheek, starting to feel more guilty than before.

« Baby I think it's time to take these. » she took the pills and put them near Wanda's lips, helping her to drink some water.

« Did you just give me some drugs? My girlfriend will kill you. » Natasha shushed her after chuckling and started to cuddle her, before both of them fell asleep.

It was almost 5am when Wanda woke up, she slowly opened her eyes and noticed Nat's arms wrapping her. She smiled and kissed her, making the woman wake up.

« Hi my love, how are you feeling? »

« Definitely better, how did you do it? » she chuckled, while laying down again.

« I came home and you probably had a high fever, you were shaking. I gave you some pills, but I'm so sorry I didn't come home sooner. » she sighed and put one hand through her hair, stroking it gently.

« Don't be sorry. You had work to do, I was fine. »

« Oh trust me, you weren't. » she chuckled and looked at her.

« What do you mean? »

« Before I gave you the pills, which you thought were some kind of drug, you told me that your girlfriend was coming home and she was veeeeery cool and hot. » Natasha looked at her while moving her hand on Wanda's back. She loved taking care of her, even when she was sick.

« And? I was tired! » Wanda smiled and kissed her.

« Babe at some point you said that you wanted to marry me. » Natasha said, making Wanda extremely blush, but not because of her fever.

She didn't find the right words, so she looked at her in the eyes and tilted her head.

« But I do want to marry you, Tasha. I know I wasn't feeling well but it's the truth, I wanna be your wife. » Wanda said almost shyly, before closing her eyes afraid of her reaction. « I love you... »

Natasha never loved her more than in that moment, she cupped her face with her hands and kissed her while Wanda felt a little tear on her face.

« I love you. I want to be your wife too Wands, forever and always. » she whispered still near her lips, before kissing her. « Be my wife. »

« Forever and always. » she smiled and kissed her back.

And just like that, they kinda proposed to each other, thanks to Wanda's high fever.

——————————
Hii!!
I didn't have any ideas, so I wrote this lmao I know it's not that good:(

Words count: 1116

- prvntissbby