🩸 Author's Note 🩸

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I don't know why I look forward to the Open Novella Contest every year, knowing well it takes me out of my comfort zone not only because of the restricted story length but also usually because of the story genre. And this year will be no different.

In fact, this year may be the greatest ONC undertaking yet!

But what's the big deal about the ONC, you may be asking?

For those who are unfamiliar with the Open Novella Contest, the goal is to write a brand new 20K-word completed novella over three months' time using at least one of the provided prompts, with each round being judged at 2K, 8K and 20K words, respectively.

And this year? We're going dark. We're going sexy. We're going Vampire Romance with not one, not two, but three different prompts:

Creature Feature - Prompt #18:

There was something inside me that wouldn't stop until the whole world was blood.

Creature Feature - Prompt #19:

The Sun goes out and no one knows why, just as no one can say for certain how life on Earth is able to carry on without the life-giving necessities of its Star. But with the planet in a state of perpetual darkness, the vampires certainly aren't complaining.

Creature Feature - Prompt #22

For sixteen years your family has waited and watched, hoped and prepared. You were cared for, but never truly acknowledged. It left you wondering why you've always felt like an outcast, a little bit of a burden. Today you discover they all knew about the curse... They all knew you were chosen to carry it.

I've had the idea for this story every since the WriteConnX 2021 Vampire panel, and if all goes well, this could be a fun starting point for a very guilty pleasure.

So let's begin...

If you are reading any of this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack

If you are reading any of this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/druidrose. Thanks!