五十五

"Hey, y/n... wake up." you heard a small voice speak while someone was lightly tapping your shoulder. You slowly open your eyes and a figure with a large scar across his left eye was standing in front of you, he was dressed in a black zip-up turtle neck and a dark grey cardigan with white embroidery. He was accompanied by a purple jellyfish male in a grey waistcoat.

You felt your arms go numb when you tried to rub your eyes, soft snores could be heard. You shifted your gaze down and remember that you fell asleep last night after coaxing the hungry child to sleep. The little bun was lying on your chest snoring, your arms were sore from holding her securely to you.

When Kakucho gently removed the child from you, she woke up from the disturbance and started flailing her limbs when she saw a stranger carrying her. "No!!" she cried out as she turn her head towards you and started stretching her arms out for you to take her back.

"Seems like she has taken a liking to you." Kakucho chuckled, you sat up and took the child from his arm. She finally stopped screaming and buried her face into your chest while sitting on your lap, you continued rubbing her tiny back while yawning.

"Why are the both of you together?" you asked. Rindo has been quiet the entire time, you noticed that he has been fidgeting with the ring on his index finger. 

"Y/n... We need to talk, it's regarding Ran." Rindo finally spoke for the first time, you saw a sweat trickling down the side of his head, his brows knitted together into a frown and his eyes were serious. 

You ended up having to get Kakucho to wake Haru up since Sen is still unfamiliar with him and refused to be alone. When Sen managed to settle down in Haru and Kakucho's presence, you left the hideout with Rindo and went to his car.

"So what happened during your business trip? Is Ran okay?" you asked. The purple jellyfish held a firm grip on the steering wheel, his eyes were fixated ahead even though the car was stationary. 

"We were supposed to renew our contract with the largest gun vendor, Masatoshi. They agreed, with 1 condition" he halted, he turn his head to face you.

"What is it?" 

"One of the Haitani has to marry his daughter," Rindo added. 

"So... Ran volunteered?" you asked, Rindo slowly nodded at your reply. You let out a sigh and cock your head back onto the backrest.

"Why not just refuse? Is it really that big of a deal?" 

"It's not that simple. They are responsible for 43% of Bonten's revenue, aside from weapons they're also one of our largest consumers for drugs. We can't afford to lose them." 

"Have you discussed this with Mikey?" you queried. Rindo nodded again, you noticed the veins on his arm popped when he gripped the wheels harder. So Mikey agreed with the idea of Ran's engagement.