Crumbled Almonds in the Snow - Part 1

(Playlists are recommended to listen to while reading to enhance the experience)

•·················•·················•

- Disclaimer -

This is a rewrite of my old popular Palette Roller X Spray Cray fanfiction (Lingering Scent of Almonds) I started writing on March 19, 2020. The story has many issues — many I won't touch upon here, but basic things such as unexplained plot points, no character depth, and bad dialogue. I rewrote it to prove myself as a better writer.

This story is a horror. Romance is touched on between the two main leads, but topics such as gore and bodily horror are present. Proceed at your own risk.

Palette, Goth, and Cray in this story are humans. I know it's an Undertale skeleton fanfiction, but I feel more comfortable writing human features in comparison to "his bones clattered from the cold".

Character personalities may also be different from headcanons. Goth Reaper is the most changed character since I'm not a personal fan of the "OwO soft boy" personality everyone likes to give him.

One last quick thing. I do not support any bad decisions or drama that the creators of these characters were or are into. I am writing their characters into a story, but that does not mean I support the decisions they've made or are making, thank you. (IE I do not support pro-shipping.)

•·················•·················•

Palette Roller Angeutblogo

Goth Reaper Nekophy

Spray Cray Weezy-pup

•·················•·················•

- Chapter 1 -

Part 1

1

"Goth! Wait!" Palette Roller said. He reached for the back door before Goth Reaper could. The door was laced in frost that glittered in the kitchen light. "I'll come with."

Goth's normal frown dressed his face. It creased daisy fields of freckles that painted his smoked cinnamon-colored skin.

"No, it's fine," Goth said annoyed as he put on his corduroy jacket decked with tears and dirt stains from previous trips in the woods.

An awkward smile pushed Palette's cheeks back as he looked at Goth — a nonverbal plea he's given his friends before. A weighted sigh left Goth and he gestured for Palette to follow, but the frown never left.

Ice and snow crunched beneath their boots as they descended the deck stairs.

"You know," Goth said, hands shoved deep into his pockets, "as much as I like you being back and all, I could walk the five feet to get firewood on my own without you being on my ass."

Palette's heart pinched. It's not that he wanted to be a nuisance, but Palette felt he had no other choice. The risk of Goth being alone outside alone was too big. "I know, and I apologize. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you."

They walked on a path Goth had plowed earlier to the shed. The bleached lemon glow of the Christmas lights washed down onto the snow as Palette and Goth crossed the yard blanketed in the shadows of the ghostly tall pine trees that circled the area.