Lingering Scent of Almonds •Part 1•

(Warning: This 'chapter' of the story includes Lime)

Alright. Hold up. Just imagine Cray as Danny Devito the cheeto.

Palette's POV

I pushed open the thick dark oak wooden door to my house. I haven't been home for a good month due to a trip for a commission. I felt overwhelming joy as I stepped inside. A calming scent of almonds and chestnuts flushed over me as I pushed my way through the entrance.

"I'm home!" I yelled, letting anyone know of my presence. Earlier, having Goth text me that Cray and him were coming over.

Said like a true dad, I thought as I closed the door behind me gently, making a small click as it went back in place.

"Palette!" A gentle familiar voice exclaimed.

Not even having enough time to turn around to feel small, warm arms squeeze me tightly, pulling me into a warm, sweet embrace. Already realizing who it was, I dropped my bag on the ground, making a small thump as it made contact with the wooden flooring so I had more room to shift in place to face my pursuer. Once I faced Goth, I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Miss me that much?" I joked towards him, loosening my grip as I raised my head.

His grip lightened as he stepped back a bit, giving him more space to look up at me.

"Hey! You know well that I did!" Goth pouted, making an unserious angry expression.

"I missed you too.."

Goths face lit up as a small welcoming smile decorated it as he turned and headed towards the kitchen. I stretched, raising my arm high as I let the warmth of the house settle on me, before I easily slid off my jacket, hanging it on the coat hanger located right next to the door. I glanced around the familiar space, taking in the layout of my house as I started to walk forward, my heavy boots making gentle thuds on the wood.

"So, where is he?" I asked calmly, crossing my arms as I leaned against the wall, looking in Goths direction.

Goth nodded towards the glass sliders, the entrance to the backyard, as he stirred something over the stove making a blissful bubbling sound.

"In the back," he answered.

"Wait, why?" I asked, feeling suddenly confused.

"You know, I actually don't know. Said something about needing to cool off or something."

I hesitated, then smiled a bit.

"He's weird.." I joked.

"No kidding, I could hardly deal with him for a month. Don't know how you do it almost daily."

"I don't know how I do it either." I grinned to myself.

"And, Simon..?" I added.

"With him."

I suddenly felt a jolt of excitement rush through me as my heartbeat quickened. I felt a sudden need for him as I began to bounce my leg as I slid my arms around myself. Goth noticed as he leaned back on the stove to face me, rolling his eye jokingly.

"Palette, you haven't seen yo mans in over a month." He repositioned himself and gestured to the back door in a bit of a bow.

"Go to him.." he announced in a hushed voice.

Excitement warmed me as I turned to the glass door, quickly rushing over to it, then, once reaching it, roughly sliding it open. Seeing him perched on the opposite side of the backyard petting Simon hit me with this uncontrollable desire for him.