Damn Elda- I mean Elves!

Raphael POV

We were walking to the 'Man-Eating Forest' as it is called by the natives, Rem was worried at the difficulty of such a quest since this quest wasn't like any normal quests, from what I heard from Sylvie, this is a request from someone.

"Worry not, Rem, if anything happens than I shall use my power to keep us safe."

Rem's face went into a lighter mood, she was now more confident from what I said, but truly a Titanoboa class reptile. I've only read them from old records and books from Terra. Whatever challenge meets us at the forest, nothing will stop me from completing my duty, I shall make sure of it.

* Time Skip *

It had been 5 hours since we started walking and now, we were in the forest. Shera was looking at a pond while Rem and I were behind her.

"Where do you think we can find a Madara Snake?"

"They're usually 20 meters long and lurk in the swamps-"

Shera then jumped back to the 2.

"Say that SOONER! I could've been eaten!"

"Hm."

Raphael just looked at the woods, it reminded him of the forests of Serpens Prime, they were filled with dangerous beasts and monsters, even after 5 centuries of human advancement and expansion. The forest almost had the same eerie feeling that the forest on Serpens gave off. Suddenly Shera spoke.

"We're supposed to do this quest alone, right?"

"Of course."

"Then do more people go in and out of the Man-Eating Woods than I thought? You can sense them too, right? In the trees."

Raphael clutched his fists.

'I was too focused in the woods that I had forgotten to check the forest of any life forms.'

Raphael then closed his eyes and focused on expanding his aura.

"Ten Elda- Elves on branches."

Raphael then opened his eyes and took out his staff.

"We were led to a trap... "

"Huh? HUH?!"

"Tonitrua Maelstrom."

A symbol of a vortex inside a circle was formed and from it came a maelstrom that went to the trees

A symbol of a vortex inside a circle was formed and from it came a maelstrom that went to the trees. This spell is meant to stagger and push back armies of daemons and traitors, its size was meant for larger areas that the forest was engulfed with the area Raphael was in being the eye of the 'storm'. A few groans and screams came from the same direction Raphael had sensed the elves.

"I- I didn't know your specialty was air magic."

"I am no specialist in any element, Rem, I specialize in the Warp and the warp is an energy that controls all elements."