The Warp's Corruption

"Errands, errands! Off to the bridge of Ulug!"

Shera sung. Raphael and her were on their way to the destination of the quest, Rem had stayed in Faltra. The quest was more of a delivery run than a quest so to speak.

"What lovely weather! Isn't a simple delivery boring?"

"It does not matter, as long as it moves us forward to our destiny then it will be completed."

Shera stopped walking and looked at a pond next to the path.

"Want to take a dip in the water?"

"We do not have the time to 'play around', Shera."

Shera pouted.

"Please?! Just a quick dip!"

"This quest will be completed first, once complete you may do what you wish with your free time."

"But I'm bored! I want to do something fun..."

"Fun? Hm, *chuckles* I envy you, Shera. The best 'fun' us Astartes can get is an Ork infestation or a Warp portal opening in the middle of a battlefield."

"What's that?"

"An ork infestation is when ork spores are implanted upon the ground of a world, it does not matter how many orks made them, just one of those green lunatics is enough to start another Minneaut Crusade. On the other hand, a Warp portal can call upon all the madness and destruction the Chaos Gods can bring upon the Material-Plane, be it the Bloodthirsters of Khorne, the Unclean Ones of Nurgle, the Lords of Change of Tzeentch, or the Keepers of Secrets of Slaanesh. That would be a normal afternoon for us marines."

"Huh! No way! I don't want that! I'm not strong like you, Raphael."

Shera then went in front of Raphael and hugged him, well to put it in more literal words, she tried to hug him.

"You shall get stronger, Shera. At best slowly, but inevitably."

"I might still cause trouble for you until then, though, so please help me, Raphael! That way I can grow more and more!"

"Then it shall be, though please release your grip upon me."

'Father give me patience!'

"Ah- I'm sorry, I forgot I was hugging you." 

* Time Skip *

Shera and Raphael were now in front of a bridge with multiple men wearing steel-plated armor armed with spears and halberds. One of the men looked at Raphael and shout out loud.

"You! Who are you?"

Another man then said.

"Why is he coming from Faltra?!"

A few of them went in front of Raphael and Shera holding their spears and halberd to him. Then one of the guards remembered.

"Wait a second, everyone! This man's a warlock! He's not a fallen!"

"Boris?"

"He's probably THAT warlock that everyone's been talking about in town."

One guard then looked at Boris then looked at Raphael.

"Are you really the Warlock of Faltra?"

"If that is what the Faltrans call me then so be it, but you shall call me Librarian, for that is what I am."

"We're on a quest to bring refreshments here. It's wine!"

"Although, may I ask, what has made you so cautious, guards?"