Chapter 2: Unknown depths

Utop a hill, surrounded by a valley of frost and snow, were multiple pokemon seeking "treasure." These pokemon mainly consists of exploration teams and the guild. Amongst them were a caravan who sought the opportunity to gather loot.

"So, this is the place? Dosen't look all to interesting, it's just a cave." Said a annoyed caravan guard.

"You youngins don't understand. If the guild is investigating this matter, than it's worthwhile to at least explore what's inside."

"Yea yea, doesn't really matter to me if im getting paid anyway."

After speaking, the guard noticed a familiar, sleeping pokemon. It being the pikachu Amara. He approached her, gently nugging at her nose to wake her up.

"Nhhhhh!"

"Rise and shine sleepy head, it's time to get to work. Were gonna be heading into that there cave soon, so get prepared." The guard than left the annoyed pikachu with her thoughts.

While Amara and the other guards were getting ready, the guild were being briefed by Vincent, the sceptile, who is also the leader of the guild.

"Alright, everyone listen up. Our scout's have searched most of the cave and have discovered that it's a labyrinth of ruins. To top that off, the deeper you go into the cave, the darker it gets. Due to this issue, we'll need to use torches to find our way through. I've also decided that it's best we all stick together. That's all for now, all of you get ready to head inside, and remember to stick together."

While Vincent finished his speech, Amara and the rest of the caravan were ready to head inside. The torkoal briefed them, saying that Amara and 2 others were to head inside, while a few stayed with the caravan. So, after this speech, 3 pokemon stood in front the entrance to the cave. Amara, a dewott, and a hitmolee. Readying there torches, the three pokemon entered, unknown of what lied within. Upon entering, the first thing that caught there eyes were the caves walls. They were covered in a black substance that they had no clue about.

"Well, that's certainly not a warning sign" Amara said sarcastically.

"Who knows, it might just be...you know."

"You are disgusting for a dewott." Said a aggravated hitmolee.

"And your aggravating for a hitmolee. With your feet taking up all of my personal space." The dewott smiled after the insult.

"Ah, so you want to see what INTENSIVE training is like?

"Can you two shut up, i made a bad joke, alright. That doesn't mean fight the only member's of your squad.

"Agreed. Now it's up for the dewott to also agree."

"Ok, ok, fine. But only for the pretty pikachu. You can screw off."

"..."

After their argument, the 3 ventured deeper into the cave, realizing it only gotten darker. It's as if the shadows were alive, staring into their souls. After around 5 minutes of walking, they came across a injured pokemon, severally bruised. Amara told the others to stay on guard. She than kneeled next to the injured pokemon.

"What happened to you? Why are you bruised up like this?" She said, concerned.

"Its... its... its...the darkness. There, al- alive." A distressed furret said. "Please...please don't leave me here."