Chapter 4: Change of events

"And that's the last of them. Thank arceus you showed up. I don't even wanna imagine what'd happen if you didn't."

"Try not to think about it. I'm just glad i got here in time."

"Well, here, for your trouble. It's the least i can do, especially for a heroic pikachu such a yourself.

"Well i wouldn't really call myself heroic. I saw you all were in need of some help, so i came and did just that, helped. Oh, and keep the money. I can see you'll need it for your young one's.

"I-i don't know what to say other than thank you. W-wait a minute. WHAT IS THAT!?"

Present day.

Amara quickly rose up from her sleep, falling out of the bed. She was out of breath, panicked.

("Why do i keep having the same nightmare over and over again!!? I saved them, they lived, so why must i suffer through a outcome that never happened!?")

She picked herself off the ground, wondering if she accidentally woke Leon. To her surprise he was already awake, staring at her, making the situation even more awkward.

"..."

"S-sorry if i woke you. It's just one of the night terrors that i have."

"It's fine. I was awake anyway."

Leon grabbed some poke from his satchel. Amara had just noticed what he was doing prior to her...incident. She glanced at the window, noticing it was still dark out.

"Leon. I don't mean to sound rude but...where are you going with poke when its pitch black outside? I'm pretty sure all of the shops are closed."

"I was going to head to one of the shop's that's open all night. That's until...you woke up and...fell."

"Yea, sorry about that." It was pretty clear she was embarrassed. Leon knew this and decided to "try" and cheer her up.

"Um...the place i previously mentioned. They pretty much sell everything, including food. You can...join me if you want. It's not far from where we are."

"S-sure, I'll come along. I need to eat something anyway."

Leon waited as Amara gathered some of her money from her bag. The two then left the inn, finding that it was indeed still dark outside. Leon led Amara through the ghost like town inside the fortress. Eventually the two arrived to a shady looking shop called Zack and Zane's. It was secluded from the rest of the town, giving off bad vibes. Leon walked in while Amara slowly followed. Upon entering she noticed only two other pokemon, who seemed to be customers. The inside was relatively simple, containing tables where any pokemon could forget their past regrets...for but a moment. Leon approached the lycanroc behind the counter who was casually reading a book. The riolu tapped the counter, getting the lycanroc's attention.

"Ah, a customer. Alright what do ya wa-" Before finishing his sentence, the lycanroc lifted his head up and saw the riolu

"Oh...it's you Leon. I'm assuming you want the usual then, right?"

Leon simply nodded. He put the poke he had onto the counter before heading to a nearby table.

("Hmmm. Seems they know each other.") Amara thought. She walked up to the counter doing the same thing as Leon. The lycanroc quickly arrived.