Welcome to the Mistresses Critique

If you're new here, we're GoddessV and ClarityNMercy. Otherwise, known as V and Clarity. We're erotic romance writers who help other erotic romance writers grow and improve their craft. If you're not new, welcome back.

Every year we run a book club, but this year we're doing something a little different. This year, Clarity and I will be the ones to critique the books and offer advice for improvement. This is the first time we're doing something like this, so there will be a bit of a learning curve. If you can bear with us, we're sure you'll appreciate our efforts.

Although we're critiquing books, it's best to keep in mind that we're not professional editors. Our advice is not to substitute for a professional, licensed developmental or line editor. Everything we say is from our own personal experience, research, and results from our own writing journey.

Now, just like with the book club, we will provide a form for writers to fill out and request a review. However, you must keep in mind before you fill the form in.

When filling out the form, imagine you're sending your manuscript to a publishing company. Pretend we will make or break your career as a successful writer. Pitch us why we should read your book. Tell us why your book differs from others in your genre. Tell us why your book is interesting. Etc. When pitching to a publisher, many will judge your book in the first few paragraphs and set your book aside if it doesn't grab them. We, though, will try to read at least the first three to five chapters, and give you helpful feedback.

Make sure your grammar and punctuation are on point. Your formatting, paragraphs and dialogue must be readable and pleasing to the eye. You must be able to show your story and emotions through your descriptions. You must have most, if not all, of your plot holes covered.

We will turn down any works that don't show a knowledge of basic writing techniques and grammar. If there are glaring grammar issues, messy formatting or lack of a story, we will not read your book. Pure erotica is not only against Wattpad rules, we do not accept pure erotica in our book club or in our critic workshop. If there are plot holes that are easy to fix in your book, we will not read it. If there is no attempt to edit or polish your work to the best of your abilities, we will not read your work.

We are looking to help serious writers improve their craft and take their skills to the next level. Those who intend to publish their work through Amazon or another means, or simply those who want to write to their best ability. We are not looking to help people who just want views for the hell of it. If that is what you're looking for, then we are not for you. There are plenty of other book clubs or readers on Wattpad who can help you. Please go to them.

If selected, you will hear from us. We will not be notifying those not selected. Do not message us regarding your selection status. We will select stories as we go. There is no set schedule for release, although we hope to critique two stories a month. There also may come a point where we do not agree with a story and decide only one of us wants to review it. In such a case, you will only receive a critique from one mistress.

If you dislike what we have to say about your story, then do not apply. In order to grow as a writer, you must be able to take constructive feedback. We will not sugarcoat the issues with your manuscript, but we will also never give you only negative feedback.

We do not stand for harassment, and we will report you for doing so. Furthermore, we are taking the time out of our schedules to help you improve because we enjoy repaying the kindness of those who have helped us along our own journeys. This is a great opportunity to have your story shared and featured on our profile. It's not something we do very often unless the book is high quality and entertaining.

We look forward to working with you!

GoddessV & ClarityNMercy

Link to the form can be found in our profile bio.