Young, Dumb and Tired

I walked up the stairs of the PizzaPlex and to the daycare. It was closing time and everything was calming down. The guests had all left and the guards had arrived for the night shift.

As I approached the daycare, I heard a lullaby playing.

💭: "Weird." I thought, opening the heavy doors. I peeked in to see a figure sitting on the security desk. "Hello?" I said, walking in. The doors slammed behind me, scaring the crap out of me in the process. The figure turned his head to look at me. He had glowing red eyes.

I froze on the spot as I watched him jump off the desk. He walked over to me with a tired look on his face.

"What are you doing here, the daycare is closed." He said in a monotone voice.

"I..I work here." I said, backing up a bit. The guy looked at my badge.

"Why, hello Nikki, my name is Moon." He said, holding out his hand. I shook his hand, still nervous.

"Moon, what are you doing, stop bothering the guest." A blonde haired guy said, coming out of the closet with a box of cards.

"I'm not bothering them, idiot!" Moon said, turning to the blonde guy.

The guy rolled his eyes before coming over to me. He had a friendly smile on his face. "Helloo!, my name is Sundrop, but you can call me Sunshine!" The guy said, quite loudly, it caused the hearing aids in my ears to ring.

"What's that ringing?" Sun asked, looking around. "She has a hearing aid, your loud mouth set it off." Moon said.

After the ringing stopped, I pushed my glasses up and looked at Moon and Sun. "I better go.." I said, turning towards the door, just then, A cold hand stopped me.

"Wait?, please stay?..you wanna play cards with us?" Sun asked, tilting his head.

I looked at him and Moon, Moon seemed to be in his own world while Sun was giving me the puppy dog eyes.

I sighed and nodded. "Okay..I'll stay." I said. Sun smiled and gave me a hug.

An hour went by, me and Sun were still playing another round of go fish while Moon dozed off next to Sun.

"So..what do you two do here, like what's your jobs?" I asked, looking up from my cards. Sun looked up from his and gave me a smile.

"Well, I welcome the kids into the daycare as their parents drop them off. After that, I set up all the activities, like finger painting, story time and play time. 12:00PM is Lunch/Snack time. After lunch is nap time, that's where Moon comes in, he sets up the cots, blankets and plushies for the kids. He gives them these candies called Moon-Drops, he then reads them a bedtime story until they fall asleep."

"What do you two do after that?" I asked.

"Well, I pretty much doze off to recharge, and I have no idea what Moon does." Sun said, he then noticed Moon sleeping next to him, snoring quietly.

"He's pretty much the laid-back one of both of us."

Nikki nodded before setting down her last card. "I win." She said. Sun sighed and put his cards down "Good game." He said, shaking Nikki's hand.

He then looked at Moon again, "I'm gonna go put Moon to bed." Sun said, picking Moon up and walking over to the ballpit.

Nikki smiled. "These two ain't so bad." She said.