Brotherly Love

The morning of Nikki's first day of her morning shift at the Pizzaplex, Nikki couldn't lie, she was excited to see Sun and Moon again. She climbed out of bed and grabbed her uniform from the closet. She then went to the bathroom for a quick shower.

At the Pizzaplex, Nikki walked in and checked in before heading to the daycare. She opened the big, heavy doors, peeking into the daycare. No one was around, the kids hadn't arrived yet, but that wasn't a problem.
She walked in and looked around. "Sunny, Moon?" She said.

"Good morning Starshine." Moon said from the daycare's kitchen. He had a cup of coffee in his hand and a sleepy smile on his face. "Good morning Moon, how are you this morning?" Nikki asked.
"Good, still a bit sleepy though." Moon said, yawning.

Nikki giggled, blushing a bit. "Where's Sun?" She asked, noticing the hyperactive robot was gone. "Oh, he went to get breakfast, speaking of that, are you hungry?, I can call him and ask to bring you something?" Moon said, taking a sip of coffee.

"No, I'm good, Nikki said, pushing her glasses up. She then smelled the smell of black coffee. "You drink coffee?" She said. "Yeah, why?" Moon asked.
"I don't know, I just never thought you were the coffee drinking type. But of course, I just met you, so I can't really say anything." Nikki said, rubbing the back of her neck.

There was a moment of silence until Sun walked in with breakfast. "I'm back Moon!" Sun said, walking in happily. "Good morning Nikki." Sun said, smiling at Nikki. "Morning Sun, you're in a good mood this morning." Nikki said, smiling at the blonde. "I am!, I'm in a better mood now that you're here." Sun said, pulling Nikki into a warm hug. He gave Nikki another smile before walking over to Moon.
He reached into the bag and pulled out a coffee cake and gave it to Moon. "How'd you know I liked coffee cake?" Moon asked, taking a bite of the cake. "We're brothers, I know everything." Sun said, chuckling. He reached into the bag pulled out a small box of donut holes. "You want some Nikki?" Sun asked, walking over to Nikki. "No thanks, I already had breakfast, thank you though." Nikki said.

Later that day, the daycare opened up for the day and the kids arrived, greeting Sun and hugging his legs. Nikki smiled before noticing Moon in the corner of the room. "Moon, is everything alright?" She asked. "Yeah, it's fine." Moon said. "Why are you over here?" Nikki asked. "The kids don't like me very much, they seem to be scared of me." Moon said, looking a bit hurt by the thought. "Oh, that's not true, you're so friendly, how can no one like you?" Nikki asked. "Come on, let's go greet the kids?" Nikki said, holding out her hand. Moon sighed and grabbed the girl's hand. "This isn't gonna end well." Moon mumbled to himself.

"Hey kids." Nikki said to the kids. The kids who were coming in looked at her and Moon. The kids quickly walked away after seeing Moon.

"What did I tell you, they don't like me." Moon said. "Don't say that Moon, kids love you!" Sun said. Moon didn't believe it, but smiled anyway.

As the day went on, the kids looked to be having a good time in the daycare, they were playing hide and seek and tag with Sun and having fun.
In the corner of the room, Moon was leaning against a giant bear, writing in a small book. He looked to be writing lullabies. Nikki noticed him and went over to him. "What are you doing Moon?" She asked, sitting next to Moon. "Oh, just writing." Moon said, still looking at his writing.

He was then interrupted by a beeping noise. He looked down at the source of the beeping, it was the watch on his wrist. He put a bookmark in his book before standing up. "Alright kids, nap time!" He said, clapping his hands. He then pulled out the cots, blankets and plushies for the kids. He then pulled out a book from the bookshelf. When the kids were settled on there cots, Moon began reading. Halfway through the story, all the kids were asleep, even Sun had passed out.

Putting the book away, Moon gently picked up Sun and carried him over to a plushie pile, he covered him with a blanket and patted him on the head. "Sweet dreams Sun." He whispered before walking away. Nikki smiled. Dying on the inside from the level of cuteness.