Instinct

Midoriya and Bakugo were sitting at an office desk, quirk suppressant cuffs now linked to the chair, and a very tired looking man sitting in front of them. The office was small, but cluttered. There were papers scattered on the small desk, and a few things pinned up on a cork board. Most of them were pictures and certificates, but there were some articles plastered on there too. There even seemed to be a picture of the man in front of them, except he looked much younger and energetic.

"I take it you two are claiming innocence?" He looked at them. His tired expression seemed to disappear in an instant. While he did look serious, it wasn't suffocatingly so. Izuku didn't feel like he was being looked down upon, or even interrogated. Though he was sure that if he were to get questioned, his mouth would spout the truth immediately. He never did good with questions after all.

"Yeah." Bakugo said curtly, his scowl still ever so present on his face. Midoriya just nodded in confirmation.

"Alright then. My name is Tsukauchi Naomasa, I'm a detective on the case that you two are suspected to be a part of. My quirk is called "True Path." I will explain my ability to the fullest if I suspect you are lying." The detective stated as if it was second nature. Must be something he says often. Izuku thought to himself.

"Due to the fact that you two are minors, we made sure to contact your legal guardians to inform them you are here. If all goes well, you two should be able to leave by tonight." He paused, waiting for any questions or concerns. He tended to do that when he was talking to people on the younger side. They usually were more anxious, so he would leave room for them to speak before continuing on. He did this to prevent them from feeling bombarded with information and getting overwhelmed.

When no one spoke during his pause, he continued on. "Since you two are suspected criminals, I'm going to question you individually in a different room called the 'Secure Interview Room,' however it's more commonly known as an interrogation room."

"We'll begin with you, Midoriya." He nodded to said middle schooler. The officer that was keeping watch unlocked the link that was keeping the cuffs bound to the chair and escorted Midoriya and Tsukauchi to the room. Bakugo was kept watched by a different guard for the time being.

_______________________________

Aizawa was getting ready for his nightly patrol. Today he decided to go out of his normal patrol route and look after higher crime rate areas instead. Places where stolen things weren't an uncommon occurrence. He usually did this about 3 times a month, just to help out places where heroes seem to be lacking. However, now he's been doing it almost daily, in hopes to find the two who broke into his home.

Things just didn't add up. How did they even get inside? He would have assumed the window, but they broke it to get out, which means it wasn't broken before they got in (the window was one of the ones that didn't open. Since the apartment is so high up, they don't allow those windows to open. It's like those places where the window is just a big pane of glass; like school windows.).

Not to mention what he had heard them talking about. Tsukauchi had said that he would look into it when they're captured, but there was no point in trying to solve a puzzle with missing pieces. Unfortunately, he couldn't get their conversation out of his head. "It's not like we broke in! Well- not on purpose..."

How the fuck do you accidentally break into a place?

There was also the fact that they detected his presence almost immediately. Even if it was an accident they were still possibly dangerous, or even worse, in danger. No matter how much Aizawa tried to tell the detective that he thought they were young teens, Tsukauchi would just reply with "Listen, Aizawa, I understand you're in a hurry, but we have to look at the cards on the table. You could be right, and I will look into it, but don't expect full fledged middle schoolers to be in the station once we say they're found."