Chapter 2

Azalea's POV

Pulling up to my driveway, I took the key out of the ignition and got out my car, slamming my door shut.

I glanced up to find the security camera up by the garage looking down at me.

I really wanna flip it off.

Rolling my eyes, I swing my bag over my shoulder and follow the path to the front door.

My parents were CEO's of a company that they made and now we have all of this money that I never like to talk about. Security cameras are littered everywhere, a large gate to get to the house and a long path to get to the front door.

When I walked through the front door, I took my shoes off and walked into the kitchen I found the cleaning lady, Regina, washing some dishes.

She looked over and her eyes crinkled with the big smile she gave me. "Hello, Azalea!"

I smile softly. "Hi, Regina. How are you?"

She smiled, holding up a dish. "I'm doing good. Just washing the dishes like usual. How was school?"

I sigh, placing my keys in the little bowl. "Nothing new." Except for seeing Ryder.

I swallowed hard trying to push his face and all the memories that came with it of my brain.

She gave me a sad smile. "You're almost done, dear. Keep up the hard work!"

I couldn't help but crack a small smile. I wanted to tell her it was only August and senior year started literally two weeks ago but I decided to just reply with a simple, "I will."

I looked over to find my mom walking around the corner.

I stared at my mom as she was wearing nice black jeans, a white T-shirt and a navy blue blazer that had to be at least around four hundred dollars. Her shoulder length blonde hair was nicely straightened and she seemed so much taller in the bright red heels she wore. They matched her red lipstick and the black mascara that made her hazel eyes pop.

She looked over at Regina. "Keep working, Regina. You want that payment don't you?"

Regina's smile faltered and she quickly nodded, forcing a smile. "Yes yes. Yes, Ma'am."

I gazed at Regina with a heavy heart. My mom treated her so badly. She treated everyone badly. Sometimes she had her good days but it's rare to see those.

Mom gave me a glance as she walked past me. "You look like a train wreck, hon. Why don't you go get a shower."

I swallowed hard. "I actually have homework to do." I turn around, slowly following her to the living room.

She chuckled as she picked up her laptop from the coffee table. She looked at me, taking her reading glasses off. "And I have at least twenty clients to call letting them know that they can't work for me anymore and look at me, I look as rich as I am."

My eyes drifted away from her as I felt chills up my spine.

It's true, mom cared more about money than her own daughter.

Mom cursed under her breath causing me to look back at her. Her eyebrows were knitted together as she gazed down at the coffee table. "Regina, there's still stains on the coffee table. Did you use that bottle I gave you like I told you to?"

I figured that was my que to leave. There was no point in me defending Regina. My mom never listened to me anyways. Even when I try.

I turn around and walk up the stairs. When I made it to my room, I close my door behind me and drop my bag down by my closet.