Ch. 05: amazon hugs

Present

They all walk through the rainforest swatting away bugs. Ariadne had to direct them here because she was the only one who knew where Druig lived. And now she was very excited to see her friend again. It felt weird always calling him her friend, but she didn't know what to make of the feeling she always got around him. After all these years she still didn't fully understand them

They walk into the camp, Ariadne in the back until some villagers notice her and give her flowers saying, "our Queen has returned. He will be overjoyed." The other eternals looked at her weird but she ignored it and laughed and asked where he could be found and then two big doors opened.

"I missed all of you. Please, make yourselves at home." He walks out making those butterflies return, but she runs up to him. When his eyes lay on her the eternals clearly see him light up and hugs her back. Picking her up and swinging them around his arms around her waist hers around his neck.

"I've missed you Dru." She pulls back her arms still around him.

"I've missed you too, my beautiful Ariande." He smiles that smile that the others haven't seen in a very long time. But that smile will never be directed at anyone except for his Ari.

They move into the church-like structure and Ari sits next to Druig at the front because he didn't want to let her go just yet.

He sits holding her hand and responds to Sersi, "You've given me a lot of bad news in one go, Sersi."

"Will you help us?" She hesitantly asks back.

"I am glad that..." Druig begins to speak, but is interrupted by Sersi's ringtone going off, but she quickly turns it off again.

"Hey, what's your service? I'm not getting any bars." Kingo quietly leans over to whisper to Sersi.

"Do you all remember this forest? Beautiful. It was the last place we all lived together. I've protected these people for 20 generations now from the outside world and from themselves. Your kind, my friend, you will be responsible for your own extinction one day. Don't you think?" Druig moves up, letting go of Ari's hand to ask Karun.

"I think we must learn from our mistakes and do better, sir. You must not give up hope." Karun replies, but his eyes turn that familiar gold and he throws the camera at the wall before they return to normal.

"Oh, no, you didn't. Okay, new rule, no more possessing people's valets." Kingo stands up.

"Oh, where is your sense of humor, Kingo?" druig smirks at him.

"I'm sorry, sir." Karun apologizes.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault. You are not a God. You know that, right?" Kingo reminds Druig.

"How ironic. Kingo, the movie star." He taunts him.

"I've directed some things, too."

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"

"Some Internet content."

"How many views?"

"I don't do it for the views." Kingo tries to defend himself.

"Let's go. He's wasting our time." Ikaris stands up from leaning against the wall and begins to walk towards the doors.

"We need him," Sersi tries to remind him.

"Ikaris. I missed you. Are you gonna charm me or threaten me?"

"I mean, there's a third option, if you prefer that." Ikaris replies back, annoyed at Druig's antics.

"It must be heartbreaking to find out that you're not Mother's favorite." Druig once again trying to get under his skin.

"And I'm sure she'd be real proud of what you've been up to." Ikaris replies back to him.

"Druig, this is serious." Sersi interrupts.

"I'll tell you what's serious. I've just been told I've been sent on a suicide mission for the past 7,000 years, and that my entire existence is a lie. So, excuse me for not giving a shit about your plan right now." He turns toward Ari and then leaves the room.

"Druig sucks." Kingo says.

"He does, sir." Karun replies.

"I'll go get him," Ari tells the others while walking out the doors. She walks through the woods till she finds him leaning up against a tree. "Hey," she calls out to him.

"Hello, my beautiful Ari," he smiles at her, reaching for her, needing her comfort. She lets him place his arms around her waist resting hers around his neck like always. "Let me guess they sent you out here to try and convince me?"

"They don't need to. I already know you'll come with us," she smiles at him knowingly.

"Oh yeah, and how do you know that?" he hums.

"Because you can't say no to me."

"Hm. Well that is true," He places his head on her neck kissing her shoulder softly making heat rise to her cheeks. "My beautiful, beautiful Ari."

"My lovely asshole Dru," she jokes with him.

"Ok, you ruined the moment," pulling his head from her neck, his arms still around her.

"Don't I always my egotistical Dru?" she smiles at him, making him smile back. Her smile is contagious and he missed seeing her smile like that. But it drops when they hear something from the camp.

~~~

A/N:

A short chap bc I'm just tired. Should I even continue this? It's like why would I write this if no one reads it yk?

So if you want me to continue it please tell me bc I'm losing motivation fast.

Till we meet again,

-E