🪨Training|| Kirishima x Chubby! Reader 🪨

A handful of Angst/Fluff Overload
Requested by: @SuSsY_BaKa_6969 Request: "Can you do a Kiri x chubby reader?"

~~~

"That's it, Pebble! You got this!" Kirishima cheered out from the sideline, fist-pumping the air. His spiky, ruby locks being pushed back by a bandana.

"Thanks, Kiri!" You huffed and wiped the sweat on your brow. Opting to focus on your tennis shoes in an attempt to hide the coy smile you wore. It was a nickname he suddenly started using the other day. Sending you for a loop every time he used it. However, it was a change you welcomed, hoping it meant the two of you were getting closer ever so slightly.

Today was unbearably hot, but you had asked Kirishima to help you train. A few days ago, Aizawa had assigned the class a project that involved training with another person. You had immediately asked the boy to assist you. Much to your surprise, he jumped at the offer, and you two have been training together over the week.

Admittedly, you spent much of the time sneaking bashful glances at Kirishima. You weren't sure when, but somewhere along the way, you developed a crush on him. Though, you were much too scared to act upon these feelings. Not to mention much of the school had a thing for him too. No matter how competitive you were, you didn't dare challenge them all.

"Ok, it's my turn!" He ran past you and gave your chubby palm a slight squeeze as he did so.

Shock welded you to your position as you tried to calm the butterflies that arose in your stomach. The action was unexpected, and you needed a second to ground yourself before heading to the sidelines. You watched as he performed various exercises, occasionally averting your eyes when he tried to meet them.

'Calm down, Y/N. Play. It. Cool. I'm practically screaming I'm into you every time he catches me looking!' You inwardly scold yourself.

"Looking manly out there, Kiri!" You blurted out in an attempt to distract yourself from the intrusive thoughts.

He sent you a toothy grin and winked before continuing to run between the cones. Your brain nearly self-destructed from the gesture. Kiri - freaking - shima just winked at you. Winked, God, he was trying to kill you.

"Hey, Pebble, can you hold down my feet while I do some sit-ups?"

Nodding, you went to assist him but tripped over a weight discarded carelessly on the ground. A shrill cry ripped from your throat as you tumbled to the ground.

"Ugh." You grimaced and cupped your ankle. Pain flared in your ankle, causing tears to prick your eyes.

"Pebble!" He rushed over and dropped to the ground beside you. Tears gathered in his own eyes as he began to wipe them off your chubby cheeks. He averted his attention to your ankle, inspecting the damage.

"C-can you walk?" Kirishima worriedly questioned and rose beside you. Eyes running over you in concern and hands held in front of his chest, unsure of what to do.

Taking a breath, you attempted to stand on your own and take a step. However, a shot of pain sent you crumpling back down or, rather, would have. Kirishima caught you and held you against his built chest. His arms snaked around your plush frame in an act to stabilize you.

"You must have twisted your ankle." He muttered, eyebrows knitted in concern.

You focused on the thumping in your chest rather than how close you two were. The throbbing pain in your ankle occasionally recapturing your attention.

"Here, let me carry you to the bench." He proceeded to try and snake an arm under your legs.

Your orbs blew open in panic, and you jumped away from him, to the shock of both of you. The sudden movement and combination of the pain sent you back to the ground. He stared back at you in surprise and planted his hands firmly to his sides.

The silence was just as unbearable as the rays shining down on the two of you. Your tears came back full force from embarrassment and partially from the ache in your ankle. A lump swelled in your throat from your sobs as you tried to compose yourself. You attempted to conceal your face before Kirishima sightly clasped your wrists.

"Pebble, I'm-" He dropped your wrists and stumbled back slightly, "... sorry. I shouldn't have grabbed you like that. I- I thought you were comfortable with me." The last sentence was lowly spoken, but you caught it.

'How could he have ever reached that conclusion? Could he not see what I did?' You swallowed thickly and wiped at your red eyes.

'I have to clear this up. I won't allow him to possibly think that.'

"Kiri, it's not that, I promise." You placed a hand on his shoulder as if to prove your point. "It's just that I was... worried."

"Worried? What do you mean?" He tilted his head, eyes boring into yours. This time you fought the urge to avert your eyes, holding eye contact.

"Worried because what if I'm too heavy to be picked up? I don't want to hurt you if you can't. I know you're strong Kiri, but I'm not like Uraraka or Tsuyu! I'm... me. What if that's too much for you?"

He took time to process every word and hesitantly held your cheeks. You brought your hands over his and clenched your jaw.

"Too much? Pebble, Y/N, you're perfect. Beautiful. I understand your concern but trust me when I say I can pick you up. And you don't have to be Uraraka or Tsuyu. You're you, and that's enough for me. One day that'll be enough for you too, I'll make sure of it. Ok?" You nodded and boldly pressed your forehead against his. His cheeks filled with color from the action, and he stole a few peeks at your lips.

"Can I kis-"

You wasted no time in capturing his lips in a simple, but sweet kiss. With another peck, he drew away and smiled. You returned it with one of your own and pulled away completely, butterflies returning to your belly.

"If it's still on the table, can you carry me to the bench?" You requested timidly, a coy smile tugging at your lips.

"Leave it to me!" He proclaimed and brought a fist to his chest.

He picked you up with ease and began walking to the bench. A slightly cocky smirk was sent your way as he gave you an Eskimo kiss. You laughed at the feeling and placed your head in the crook of his neck.

"How's that, Pebble? Pretty manly, huh?" He said and sat you down gently onto the bench.

"So manly, Kiri, so manly." You laughed as he began flexing in various poses.

"My girlfriend has such a nice laugh." He mused and sat beside you. You jumped at the word.

"Girlfriend?"

"Oh, I, um. I- I meant-" He began to stutter a response before you cut him off with a quick peck on the cheek.

"Don't worry, I like the sound of that." You assured him and rested your head on his shoulder. He placed his on top of yours, and though you couldn't see it, you felt his cheeks pull into a smile.

From that day onwards, Kirishima went out of his way to pick you up and praise you for simply being,well, you. He made you feel seen, heard, and most importantly...

Loved.

~~~~
ANDDDDDD DONE! Really hope you guys like this one. Kirishima is such a sweetheart and I was more than eager to write this. Anyway, I love you guys so much. Remember, your faves would love you to death, not regardless, but INCLUDING anything you feel is an imperfection. You're beautiful, you're loved, and you're pretty dang awesome! Enough from me! Have a good day/night! ~ Fandom💜