❀I still love you|| Katsuki x Chubby! Reader Pt. 1❀

...Angst...
*Not Requested*
~~~~

"I could never love someone like you."

Those words from three days ago repeated in my head. All my love and hope was shot down so easily. When it happened all I could do was stare. His scarlet eyes held nothing but pure disgust. Without another word he turned and walked away. Ever since then I couldn't breathe.

"Y/N, are you ok?"

Hitoshi looked at me, trying to hide his concern. The purple-haired boy has been my best friend for as long as I could remember. I had his back and he had mine.

"It's nothing, Hitoshi. I'm just tired."

"Don't lie to me. Did that jerk from 1-A reject your feelings? I'll kill him."

I let out a sigh and clasped my hands together. Looking up, I let a small smile play on my lips.

"Don't worry about it. I'll be fine!"

He nodded and ruffled my hair. His eyes were so gentle, so caring. It was nothing like Katsuki's.

Just as I was beginning to talk again I was sent into a coughing fit. My plush frame was sent to the ground in an instant. My hands desperately clawed at my throat as something traveled up my windpipe.

Hitoshi grabbed my shoulders and held them tightly. He was yelling but my mind blocked it out. My vision started to waver as whatever was caught in my windpipe began to surface.

I put my shaking hands in front of my mouth just as flowers began spilling out. Blood coated the petals and soon my hands. I looked up at Hitoshi with wide eyes. Tears streamed down my round cheeks as I opened my bloody mouth to speak.

"W-what's happening...to me?"

Before I could hear his response everything went black.

I woke up a day later in the hospital. My parents and Hitoshi were by my side. Their bloodshot eyes showed the proof of crying. My mother immediately hugged me once she saw my eyes open. I could feel her tears soak into my hospital gown. It pained me to see everyone so broken.

An hour later I finally found out what was wrong with me. The doctors diagnosed me with Hanahaki Disease. It was caused when someone suffered from one-sided love. The bad news didn't stop there.

I was an "extreme case" as the doctor said. It was revealed that I only had twelve hours left. I was beyond shocked once I heard the news.

It wasn't fair that my life was going to be over so soon.

It wasn't fair I had to watch the ones I love cry over my body.

It wasn't fair that this disease consumed me.

I counted down the hours as they went past. Soon enough I was left with a hour and thirty minutes. By then all the tears were gone, the memories and experiences ran through my mind countlessly. I wanted to accept that this was how I die, but I couldn't.

"Mom, dad, I have to go."

When those words left my mouth the room went silent. My parents looked at me with pitiful eyes. My mom caressed my cheek and begun to speak.

"Oh baby, stay with us please."

Swallowing the lump in my throat I continued to resist. Grabbing her hand, I bought it to my lips.

"I only wish to do one thing. Hitoshi would accompany me."

The said male jumped at the mention of his name. He began to protest but was cut off by the pleading look on my face. He inhaled deeply and said he would help out any way he could.

My parents looked at each other and nodded. I smiled as my dad helped me to the ground. Hitoshi came over and put my arm over his shoulder. We left the hospital soon after I said my goodbyes.

Once we made it outside I waved down a taxi passing by. Luckily, it stopped and the driver let us in.

"Where to?"

"U.A."

Hitoshi seemed to then understand what I was planning to do. The drive was long and silent. Tension filled the car as we drove. An hour and twenty minutes passed by the time we made it. I immediately jumped out as the car started to slow down. Hitoshi stayed behind me and watched.

I looked at the sea of people pouring out of the school, searching for a familiar blonde. It took five minutes to find him. The boy I had falling in love with. He was literally going to be the death of me.

"Katsuki!"

His narrowed eyes met with mine instantly. Before he could begin to speak I let my heart pour out.

"Katsuki. Why couldn't you just have accepted my love?"

I took a few steps forward until I was in front of him. He looked down at me, his eyes holding shock. I continued on in a shaky voice.

"I-I have loved you ever since we were kids. Even when you avoided me or when you would make fun of me."

Tears threatened to fall but I held them back. I was determined to finish before my time was up.

"I know I'm not the skinniest girl in the w-world or the prettiest."

My breathing was becoming labored.

"But still, did you have to shoot me down so coldly! E-even after... all the time... I can't bring myself to hate you."

My knees gave way and met with the concrete. I looked up at his crying face and let my own tears escape.

"You know what's so stupid? I'm dying because of you and I-I still... love... you."

The world started to go black. I closed my eyes, finally accepting my fate.

"Goodbye."

~~~

...Why do I torture myself so much. 😭 Thoughts? - Fandom