Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Attention-seeker

I haven't spoked with Tasha ever since we had started dating. An entire three years. She never told me why, but you can guess why. It was your fault, just like it was your fault with Chelsea, Molly, and Jessi.

I could never keep friends with you. You always started some argument, some fuss, something to make my night or day completely horrid. You always left me in tears. You made me go home and crawl in a ball.

That because you made accusations that I was cheating on you. Or that Molly's brother, who is not even interested in girls, has a thing for me. Or that Jessi's stepbrother wants to fuck me. I always told you that it isn't like that and then you would go off on me.

***

"Hi!" Molly smiles in joy as I step in her house. Her brother nods before leaving the room. He was always like that, it never really bothered me. He is just an introvert I guess.

"Hi!" I hug her and pull out my phone to let you know that I am at Molly's. Delivered.

Read within a second.

"Enjoy."

Instantly the regret sink in. "Want something to drink?" Molly takes out the coke cola from her fridge, and I give her a slight smile. "Yeah." My eyes drift back to the small word on my screen.

Are you mad? You were fine with me going. When I had asked you, you said sure. Was it because your friends were around, and you didn't want to seem rude in front of them?

"Are you mad?" I type it out and my finger hovers over the send. I need to know, so I send it. I wait.

"Here you go." Molly smiles as she hands me the cold glass. "Thank you." My eyes drift to the screen again. Still no reply. Have you turned off your phone? You have done it before when I have done something wrong, could this be it again?

"Are you okay?" Molly frowns as she watches me. "Yeah, yeah. I am fine." I duck the phone in my pants' pocket, and we start catching up. My attention wasn't entirely focused on Molly. I was worried about you. If you were maybe mad again.

The vibration in my pocket alerts me of your message, and I dive it out.

"No."

You were mad, and I knew this because you would put our silly pet name that we have given to each other after each word, but you didn't do it now. You were curt with me. I know you, and you know it too.

"You are mad. Didn't you want me to come?"

"Are there guys there? Molly likes video calling guys and inviting them over."

I frown at your message. There aren't any guys here, and Molly won't invite guys over. She knows how you will feel about that and how I will feel about it. This is a girl's night.

"No, here aren't any guys."

"Prove it."

You were acting so strange, but I decide to video call you. The phone rings, but you decline the call.

"Answer the phone, then I will prove it."

"Never mind."

You left me dumbstruck and felt the slight fear of you bombing out on me. Why do you always do this?

I decide to ask you just that, and instantly I regret it.

"Why are you acting so weird about me wanting to know if there are guys there? You wouldn't want my friends to have girls over, would you?"