Chapter 1

It's once again Friday, and I'm at the house alone. It's been a year since the accident, and I still can't process what happened. I remember it like it was yesterday.

We were on our way to the movies when we were struck by a drunk driver. I remember waking up in a hospital bed confused. I began to panic and that's when my parents and Andre's parents came in.
"Where's Andre?? Why am I here?"
Tears filled my mama's eyes as she spoke. "Baby you and Andre were in a wreck. You guys were hit by a drunk driver. She sighed before she spoke her next words. "Andre's dead."

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I felt as if the world had stopped. I couldn't breathe.

The sound of my ringing phone brought me out of the flashback. It was my girl Lyric calling.

"Put some clothes on we're going out."
I sat there contemplating a lie. "I have work to finish." I was in fact caught up on work that wasn't due months from now.
"Girl you know damn well you're already ahead! Now go get ready I'm on my way."

I hung up the phone. Having already taken my shower, I went into the bathroom and began doing my hair and make up. I went to my closet and pulled out my black Giuseppe Zanotti heels and my black peplum romper. By the time I was finished getting ready, Lyric was waiting outside.

"Ooh look at you 😍", she sang as I got into the car. Within minutes, we were walking into Magic City. We made our way to the bar. I usually wasn't the type to drink, but tonight I had my mind set on having fun.

After downing four shots of New Amsterdam Peach Vodka, Lyric and I made our way to the dance floor.

I'm like, yeah, she's fine
Wonder when she'll be mine
She walk past, I press rewind
To see that ass one more time
And I got this sewed up
Remy Boyz, they know us
All fast money, no slow bucks
No hood gang control us
Ay, yeah baby

Everybody in the club was rapping along to the song.
Lyric left me on the dance floor as she went to grab another drink with some guy.

As Slow Motion by Trey Songz came on, I felt a pair of strong hands wrap around my waist from behind.

Who the hell was this walking up on me like that?

I turned around to be face to face with a tall handsome man with the body of a god.

He whispered in my ear, "mind if I join you?"