Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning feeling like the energizer bunny. I went into the bathroom to start my daily routine that I do while getting ready for work. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I applied my Mac makeup and straighten my hair.

I got into my Maserati cruising the street headed to Starbucks. After ordering my usual drink, a grande caramel macchiato, I was off to work.

"Good morning Carson, you seem to be in a good mood today." I turned around to see Lyric gawking at me with this funny grin on her face.

"Well hello to you too "Ms. I got caught up in the moment." I laughed.

"Girl, we need to talk! Let's go to your office."

"So what's the tea?" I asked while slowly sipping my hot coffee.

She looked at me and took a deep breath before speaking. Being the goofy person that she was she couldn't keep a straight face long enough to tell me what was going on. "Ok so the guy I left the club with name was Grant. When I tell you he put it down, girl he put it down! I felt like all the stress that I had endured over these past couple months was lifted off my shoulder. Cee I wanted to cry."

I laughed at how dramatic she was sounding. "Girl you need Jesus!" I said waving her off.

"What you need is a man.  Trust me you and I both know exactly what you need to get rid of that disrespectful ass attitude of yours. You should stop sulking in your misery and have fun some fun like we used to do back in high school."

"For your information, I did have a good time at the club. In fact, I had too much of a good time. I got wasted and ended up throwing up on myself. I passed out in a strangers home who I barely knew. Luckily, he wasn't one of those weirdos who rape women when they are under the influence. He actually cleaned me and and once I woke up the next morning, he cooked me breakfast and later took me on a date. Before you ask his name is Jason. He's a psychologist and a fireman. Based on that one date, I'd say that he's a good guy,but you can't be too sure from just one date. Some people can be a little crazy."

Lyric looked at me all wide-eyed as if she had seen a ghost. "What? I asked becoming a little weirded out. "I can't believe your stuck up ass did all of this and didn't call to tell me about it until now.!"

"I'm sorry Lyric", I sighed. I guess I got caught up in the moment."

She side-eyed me before we both busted out laughing. "Bitch I hate you so much!" She said trying to contain her laughter. "I'm glad to see my bestfriend happy again. I'm sure this is what Andre would have wanted."

I looked at her and smiled. "Me too."

After Lyric left my office, I got a call from Jason. "Helloo," I sang into the phone. I could feel myself smiling.

"Well hello to you too beautiful, how's your day going?" His husky voice sent chills down my spine. I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"Pretty good what about yours?" I asked.

"Great, but it would be even better if you would have lunch with me today." "Yeah, I'd like that. Do you mind swinging through and picking me up?" I asked shyly while biting my lip. "Great and yes I'll pick you up shortly." "Okay great I'll see you soon!", I spoke before hanging up.

I didn't realize how fast time was flying by. I guess this is what happens when you're ahead of the game. I sat in my office thinking of a choreography routine for when I go to the dance studio. Once that was done I had nothing else to do. I put on some music and made sure that my door was closed so that no one would here me singing.