4

Y/n's Pov

Susie: It's alright Y/n, I'll wait here for when you come back!

I've been selected for the trial. No use in fighting, I'll just accept it.
Susie will be waiting... Right?
The black fog swallows me whole.

***

This time we are in some cornfield. This'll be a pain to navigate.
I decide to stay off to the side of the field. That way I can see where I'm going.

Leon: Y/n! Over here!

I look to see a generator being powered by a single Leon. I assist him.

Leon: how is it? Being the new guy and all.

Y/n: It's not terrible. I've come to like someone.

Leon: It's the killer girl, huh.

Y/n: I- how do you?

Leon: wrong place wrong time.

The generator finishes.

Leon: don't worry, your secret's safe with me

He walks into the cornfield making a saluting motion.
Out of nowhere, a demented Talbot Grimes comes and strikes me to my knees. My phone flies out of my pocket.

Leon: hey! Over here! Talbot, why you pickin' on the new guy?

The Blight: Call me the Blight!

The Blight goes running off for Leon.
I forgot I even had my phone. I walk to it and pick it up.

Y/n: that's odd...

The phone shows all the survivors in the match. Leon (healthy), Jeff (healthy), Meg (dead), and Y/n (injured).
How is someone dead already? She doesn't even have a single hook.

Leon: Hey Y/n!

Leon's back. He must've lost the Blight. He starts healing me. Why'd I think that he couldn't lose the Blight? He outran Mr. X.
I finally feel good enough to walk again.

Y/n: thanks Leon.

Leon nods. I look at the phone again. Leon (healthy), Jeff (dead), Y/n (healthy), Meg (dead).

Y/n: Leon, check this out.

I give Leon my phone

Leon: what the hell?

He hands it back.

Leon: look for a key. Search chests. I think we only need one more generator for this.

Y/n: understood.

***
Leon's Pov

That's odd... This generator is almost fully done already. I start repairing the generator.

Leon: aaaaaand done.

The generator finishes.

Leon: Haven't seen that Blight freak in a while. Let's hope Y/n found that key.

***
Y/n's Pov

Third time's the charm. I already opened 2 chests. Med-kit and toolbox if you were wondering.

Y/n: come on let's hurry this up!

The third chest breaks open.

Y/n: There you are.

I pull the key out of the chest and almost cradle it in my arms. The key is decorated with some sort of skull on it's stem.

Leon rushes to me.

Leon: Y/n! You actually found it?

Y/n: yeah I guess so.

Leon: you must have a luck perk

Y/n: huh?

Leon: forget it. Now all we need to do is find the hatch.

I put the key's silver ring around my finger so I don't lose the key. Me and Leon check the shack first. Then around some maze of scaffolding walls.

Then we saw it. Jeff Johansen. His body bubbly and dripping some hot yellow fluid. All me and Leon can make out of the pile of mush is the head. And the syringe attached to it. It makes me want to vomit.
Leon must've saw me off guard.

Leon: c'mon. We have bigger fish to fry.

Y/n: right...
We run into the cornfield for a shortcut. Leon told me that he's never seen that before. I trip on some curb in the field and faceplant straight onto some random metal block.

Leon: Are you okay?

My nose starts bleeding.

Y/n: yeah I'm good

Leon: wait...

Leon: you found it!

Leon gives me a high five. I start to unlock the hatch, slowly but surely. Twisting the key until something...

The hatch flies open and we jump in like eager rabbits.
Where was the Blight?