★ Prologue ★

✮ Prologue ✮

Prologue

The first time I saw him I knew he already owned my heart. Normal five-year-old girls wouldn't care about how they would look like or how they would approach other kids in the park--- but not me. I wanted to know his name or where he lived. He was a perfect creature sent from up above, with cute dimples matched with beaming eyes, symmetrical nose and those soft strands of dark brown hair... Oh, how I felt like melting just by looking at him.

He looked like Prince Charming. He was my favorite Disney prince. I never liked Cinderella because she was weak and vulnerable, and Prince Charming was the only reason why I kept watching that movie over and over again. My favorite Disney princess was Belle. She was brave, smart, unique, and she wasn't afraid of that creepy beast.

I stood up slowly, acting so lady-like. 'Just like a princess,' I told myself. I wiped the dirt away from my little pink hands and cute peach skirt. I checked my breath and smelled it, "uhmmmn. Smells like jelly beans." I smiled to myself as I combed my hair with my fingers.

I will make him realize how we are perfect for each other.

Taking a deep breath, I started walking to his direction, not minding if I stepped on the sand castle I was building a while ago.

He was eating an ice-cream near the parlor; strawberry flavor. He looked so engrossed in licking and eating it that he didn't even notice my presence beside him. I cleared my throat before greeting him and showing my teeth,

"Hi, I'm Candice."

He just continued licking his ice cream, not hearing a single word I had said. "Hey, I said my name is Candice!" I pouted at him and crossed my arms.

He turned his head to face me and I swear that that moment my heart stopped beating. I knew his eyes could capture one's mind but not as powerful as this. We were so close to each other that those beautiful, perfect eyes could snatch my heart from my chest in any second. I smiled at him with all my heart and hugged myself.

He frowned at me and turned his head to lick his stupid ice cream again. Without hesitation, I reached for it and threw it on the ground. He looked so shocked, he opened his mouth to protest and when he looked at me, tears were forming in the corner of his eyes.

Before he could say a word, I immediately turned my back on him and strode to buy another one from the nearby ice cream parlor. When I got back, a tall woman was soothing him to stop from crying. He looked so cute, with those ruddy cheeks and crimson red nose. I felt like pinching them.

I was licking my ice cream as I neared them. I stopped just in front of them and they both looked at me. "Hi. I'm Candice," I said to her, and then I turned my head to face him. "Here, take mine." I reached out my hand and offered him my ice cream.

He just stared at me with confusion in his eyes. When he didn't answer, the older woman said, "oh, thank you, sweet thing." She smiled at me and then tapped his shoulder lightly, "Drake? What are you going to say to this little cutie here? Aren't you going to say thank you?"

So, you're Drake. I pressed my lips together, preventing a smile to spread over my face.

He stared at me with knitted eyebrows and pursed lips.

"Uh, manners... Drake?" asked the older woman. She tapped his shoulder again.

"T-thank you," he snappishly said. "But I don't want it." His eyebrows were still knitted when he shook his head.

"No. I insist." I pursed my lips and offered my ice cream again. When the woman looked at me to decline my offer, I looked up at her with those puppy eyes that mom kept on telling me that it could unquestionably melt someone's heart. And I knew she was just right, the woman smiled at me and bent down to whisper to my Drake,

"Just take it. The girl is so nice to offer you her ice cream."

He just nodded and took it from me, not smiling. I bit my lip as I cried out loud inside my head, 'Lick it! Lick it! Oh my gosh, lick it!'

And he did!

I clenched my fists and bit my lower lip as dimples appeared in the apple of my cheeks. I wanted to squeal with so much happiness I was feeling.

He licked the ice cream I was licking! Which simply means . . . We had our first kiss through the ice cream!

❤❤❤