Chapter IX

Waking with her alarm promptly at six in the morning. Juliette showered and got ready for her first day in a new job. Wow how crazy is all this she thought as she finished getting ready.

Meeting Julian downstairs at exactly eight-thirty she was on her way. Juliette was nervous this she could not deny, a worrisome pit growing in her stomach. They continued on North she had never been so far. It was gorgeous, there was not the old feel of the city here. It was all new developments, very modern in design and layout.

The drive wasn't long she had more than ten minutes till nine when she arrived. Juliette was confused standing on the sidewalk in front of the glass skyscraper. It was what she wanted this was fact but being here so quickly was like whiplash.

Finally finding her legs she entered the lobby. Surprised when she was greeted almost immediately. Told to go to the forty-fifth floor and talk with Alec she followed instructions. Once there she was immediately given the run down. Alec wasted no time getting her into what was expected, she already knew the basis but some things differed.

All in all, she was with Alec a little over an hour. Signing forms and practicing procedure. When they were done with that, he brought her down to the forty-second floor. This would be where her office was, all together there were six account managers like herself. The accounting floor was on a different floor just like at Bane Industries.

Once she was in the office she got to work. After what she was doing at Bane and the explanation given by Alec, Juliette caught on quickly. Everything was done by programs and computers no paper needed unless she could not solve the discrepancy. For the most part her job was double checking the accounting department, making sure important accounts stayed up to date.

The first day went so well, she was quick to pick it up and found herself with time between accounts by the afternoon. Getting home at the end of the day she knew she had to go grocery shopping. Walking to the store nearby she did just that.

Not realising how much she really needed she found herself with a cart full as she walked up to the teller, she thought it best to call her driver. Other than work she was hoping not to use it. Julian was prompt, waiting at the curb as she came from the store. He even packed the bags into the car. No matter her oobjectios.

When they got back to the Villa her grocery bags were taken up to her apartment without delay. There was not even time for her to tell them no thank you. Getting to the elevator she looked around but the staff was nowhere to be seen. When she got to her door there were five young valets. They placed the bags in the kitchen and left without so much as a word. Juliette said "Thank you" as they were leaving but received nothing in return.

That was odd she had never experienced anything like that. This was a life that would take getting used to. It felt odd almost stripping to not have control over these seemingly nonsense matters.

The night was gone quickly and before she really knew it was time for her to go to sleep.

Life went on for Juliette, weeks had gone by. Jessica was either texting or they were seeing each other daily. Dinner at her house or Juliette's. On weekends there were dinners and shows with Jessica and her friends. Juliette was beginning to fit in with them and feel comfortable with each of them in their own way. Her distracted night was forgiven. Jessica and she even had nicknames now. Juliette calling her Jess and Jessica calling her Jules.

Juliette finally felt like she had meaning, happiness and freedom. Her past becoming a farther and farther distasteful memory each day.

Except one thing sting lingered.

Aiden Asher had not left her mind. Especially with seeing him, no matter if it was weeks back it had lit something in her. He was in her dream's day and night. Sometimes she felt like she smelt him or sensed him but would shake her head. A part of her filled with sorrow for allowing him to get away. Given the chance to do it again she wonders if she should have chosen differently.