chapter 1

vi woke up in a black room, of endless darkness.
"whats going on?" she said, her voice shaky. then vander appeared. he kept repeating, "look out for yourself" it echoed. vi covered her ears. "make it stop! make it stop" she thought to herself. all of the sudden it stopped. vander was gone? she thought it was over. she sighs out of relief. she turned around and theres powder. little powder. she starts sobbing. like that one time, after vander,mylo and claggor died. she screams, "why did you leave me? violet please! come back!" vi's face was blank. she didn't know what to do. she was pleading. "please please stop! make it stop" she was sobbing now. her entire body was trembling. vi awoke to caitlyn shaking her body.

"violet! vi! wake up!" she said.

vi was still crying. caitlyn took vi in her arms. vi nuzzled her head into caitlyns chest.

"whats wrong love?" caitlyn asked."

vi tried to reply, but no words came out. it was just sobs.

"shh its okay." caitlyn said in a reassuring tone.

vi had always had nightmares. caitlyn has tried to help her out with them when she wakes up in the night, but vi always feels so bad for bothering caitlyn. caitlyn doesn't mind. after vi has one of these episodes, she usually apologizes.

caitlyn rocked vi back and forth in her arms constantly reassuring to vi that it was gonna be okay. the main things she repeated were, "its gonna be okay" and "its not your fault" vi always took the blame for anything bad that happens, she feels she needs to take the blame for it. vi's trauma worsens as each of these episodes start again. vi always believed she was alone ; no one cared for her, no one wanted her. that wasn't the case with caitlyn. caitlyn cares immensely for vi, shes so madly in love with her, that she would sacrifice herself before vi would even think of it.

time passed and vi finally calmed down after 30 minutes. she opened her eyes.

"do you wanna talk about it?" caitlyn asked, happy that vi finally stopped crying.

"no. nothing's wrong. im fine." vi replied.

caitlyn got frustrated, but calmed herself back down. vi wasn't one for feelings, so she usually gives her time to breathe and think.

"you sure? this was probably one of your worst ones." caitlyn said.

"stop! im fine!" vi said as she tumbled out of cait's arms and went back to her spot in the bed, back facing caitlyn.

caitlyn took a deep breath and went back to sleep. she thought, "maybe in the morning."

-end of chapter 1-