Ch.1 Normal day?

~Y/n pov~

"So the restaurant moved? How about a grand opening?" Gyeong-su asked.

"But we're not doing one." Cheong-san huffed as his phone went off and he frowned when he saw the messages, "Seriously? I told them to change the name."

I came up behind them and wrapped my arm around Gyeong-su's shoulders.

He jumped, "You scared me!"

I laughed as he pouted.

"They're not having an opening." He motioned towards Cheong-san.

"Yeah, I heard."

"My mum's the worst." Cheong-san grumbled.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted when On-jo ran into Cheong-san and made him drop his phone.

"Damn, my phone." Cheong-san scrambled to pick it up and gave On-jo an annoyed glare.

"You can't run away. Hey, gopher. Let's get some chicken." On-jo handed him her bag.

Her friend I-sak was stood beside her.

"But we're not open yet." Cheong-san retorted.

"Sure you are."

"Your mum said she's testing out a new recipe."

Gyeong-su turned to Cheong-san and smacked his arm.

Cheong-san sighed, "We're not open today."

~*~

We sat around the table as Cheong-san's mum placed chicken on the table.

Everyone thanked her and started eating.

I watched as the girls laughed at each other. This was awkward.

"Mum, if you wanna change names, you should start with the restaurant." Cheong-san brought up, "Why are you using my name?"

I grabbed a piece of chicken and shoved it into my mouth as I watched.

"I named it Cheong-san Chicken way before you were born."

"Exactly. You named me after the restaurant." Cheong-san whined.

"Look, so this is a new recipe we just came up with. So this one is a little spicy and this one's really hot." Cheong-san's mum explained the she pointed to the dishes, "What do you think?"

She smiled nervously as she watched us eat.

"It's salty.. but I like it." On-jo stated.

"Yeah..." She sighed.

I took a bite and realised she was right. Though it was only a bit salty.

I'd had a lot of experience cooking because I lived with my dad and he was always busy working.

The first few times I experimented I got salty chicken.

I waved Cheong-san's mother over and she came over with a questioning look.

"She's right. It is a little salty but if you're trying to make it spicy you could make changes like...." I rambled on about the best way to make it and the best ingredients, "You have to get the right balance so it does take a little bit of experimenting."

She smiled, "You seem to know a lot about cooking. Thanks I'll try that next time."

I smiled back, though the smile didn't quite reach my eyes, "Yeah..."

On-jo let earring the chicken despite the fact that it was salty.

"Stop eating... it's salty." Cheong-san told her.