Ch.10 Thunderstorm

~Y/n pov~

Thunder rumbled and rain dropped from the sky.

At first it was light but it soon became heavier, soaking us all.

I shivered slightly.

Gyeong-su held me closer to try and keep me warm.

I'm so tired. I just want to sleep.

I flinched as thunder struck again.

Is this how all the other zombies feel?

Maybe we could move using the noise.

I slipped my hand into my pocket and pulled out some ear buds, placing them in my ears.

Sometimes people say I'm too prepared.

But it came in handy for once.

I pulled the spare pair out and handed them to Gyeong-su.

He smiled gratefully and put them in.

I waited for the next rumble of thunder and was pleased when my ears didn't feel like death.

The rain might mask our smell a bit.

"It's raining!" Dae-su yelled as he looked up at the sky and opened his mouth.

I laughed quietly as others did the same.

At least we won't die of dehydration.

I didn't know where Gwi-nam was at the moment... but I'm sure he'd come after us again.

"Maybe we should take this opportunity to get out of here." I spoke over the rain.

"Go where?"

"The mountains. Away from civilisation." I stated, "There will be barely any zombies there, right?"

Cheong-san nodded, "We can use the thunder to move. The zombies won't be able to hear us if we move every time it strikes."

The others enjoyed the rain for a few moments before we headed for the door.

"Gyeong-su." I called quietly do the others wouldn't hear, "We should try and find some food for the others."

"Where?" He asked.

"The music room. The cupboard." I nodded to myself, "I'm sure someone was in there earlier. And I'm pretty sure food will be in there."

We walked at the back of the group as everyone climbed down the stairs.

Once they were further away we headed down the corridor towards the music room.

I pulled the door open.

There was a huge pool of blood on the floor.

The edges of it had started to dry but it still looked sticky.

I saw the bag with food and drinks in next to it.

Whoever was here... they must be dead now.

"I think someone was here." Gyeong-su trailed off, "You were right. Do you think Gwi-nam found them first?"

I frowned, "Who knows? We should take a backpack instead of this bag."

Gyeong-su nodded and grabbed a random backpack.

He tipped it upside down to empty it.

Books and pens came flying out and landed on the ground in a messy pile.

I walked into the cupboard and grabbed more food as we stuffed it into the backpack until it was full.