2

The weeks seemed to pass by so slow.

After the move, all Y/N really could do was sit at home with Jackson and watch TV.

Going on a walk was harder now, she didn't know that she trusted the area they lived in, especially since it was a smaller town north of San Diego and people like James were running around.

Often times she turned to reading or writing for entertainment, but after almost 2 years of doing both it was starting to turn into a chore. Something she felt like she had to do everyday just to keep her mind off of things.

Currently, she sat on her bed, Jackson curled up on her lap as she stared down at her phone in silence.

The photo was a simple one, her and Gus sat on her porch, smiling brightly and throwing up peace signs at the camera as her mom took the photo.

It was so simple; but that's what made it her favorite one.

The day she left kept creeping back into her mind, the look on Gus' face filled with heartbreak as she packed her things into her moms car, the tears that burned behind her eyes as she hugged him goodbye, and the feeling of dread creeping in at the thought that this could be the last time she sees him for a long time.

She remembers telling him to call her everday, and he made her promise she would do the same.

The promise wasn't empty, though recently calling him everday had begun to be difficult due to the fact that everytime she saw his face and heard his voice through her phone, it broke her heart.

She locked her phone, pouting as tears filled her eyes again. She sighed, lightly picking up Jackson and moving him next to her as she adjusted herself into a laying position.

He scooted closer to her, licking the hand she was using to pet him before closing his eyes once again.

Sometimes she wishes she could live a life like Jackson did. Wandering around, getting fed everyday, curling up next to people and receiving massive amounts of attention.

It just seemed like he was always worry free, and that's what she needed right now.

She picked up her phone again, looking at the time.

7:34 p.m.

She had spent the entire day shut in her room, not feeling the need to go out into the kitchen to eat, only getting up twice to use the bathroom. Everything was just so hard to do now.

Was she suffering from depression? Seperation issues? She didn't know. She just chalked it up to her being lonely and not having anything to do. What was the reason behind doing anything anyways? Why should she get up to eat or even move from the indention she had formed in her mattress?

Her thoughts were interrupted by her phone buzzing next to her, a signal that she had gotten a notification of some kind. She picked it up, staring at the message for a moment before unlocking it to respond.

'big news, baby!! ft me'

Her fingers hovered over her phone for a moment, confusion filling her as she clicked on his contact to facetime him.