15: Damat; The Groom

She stared at him with an unbelievable expression on her face. He didn't look surprised, rather, he was even staring at her hair that was now on her arms. She quickly took a hold of her hair and tried so hard to pack it into a bun but it kept slipping, her hands were shaking vigorously. What was the meaning of this? Or did she get married to his father?

"I asked who you are." He sounded as if he had never seen her in his entire life, and that wasn't what she expected from him. But if he was going to act this way, then she would.

"I'm..." She stopped midway, not knowing who she would refer to herself as. His wife? Ya rabbi, let it not be right. Or his father's wife? She wouldn't want either of that. "I'm the bride that was brought here." She said through gritted teeth, wanting so bad to give him a very good beating. If only he had acted like his usual self, then she wouldn't have to act this way.

"Then what are you doing here? Where you asked to start what you were brought here for as early as tonight?" He asked with accusation laid on his tone. He spoke with so much hatred that showed itself on his facial expression and damn him for acting as if he had never seen her in his entire life.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said, anger taking over her voice as well. Would she have a night with which she wouldn't have to be reminded of how much she hated him? "And if I may ask, what are you doing here? I suppose I was married to your dad, right?"

He chuckled bitterly, but she needn't to be told that his chuckle was mirthless. "What do you mean? That I'm not old enough to get married or what?"

"Just what do you think you're trying to play at, Hammad? Of course, for all the things fate can throw at me, it would never be to have you as my husband! Stop acting like you don't recognize me and get it over with this stupid game of yours!" She yelled to his face and he took a step back with a disgusted look on his face.

"I don't know why you're here, but by morning, I'd ask my husband, who surely is your father to get you the heck out of my chamber. I wonder what the hell you're even doing here!" She thundered and leaned down to pick her veil before she stomped out of the study room. Her heart was beating wildly against her ribcage, she wanted to talk to Hannah, and right now!

What was Hammad doing there? Her mind was trying to make her think that what if he turned out to be her husband? And she quickly shook her head at that, he never would be! She dialed Hannah's number, not minding about how it was late and when a sleepy voice of Hannah filled her ears, she sighed.

"Guess what I've seen. No!" She shook her head and palmed her face, her heart was still beating against her chest. "Who I've seen, I really pray I was just hallucinating, Hannah. I'd die, I'd really die if this turns out to be the truth."

Hannah yawned and Yusrah heard as she sat upright, "What are you talking about? Who did you see? Is it Musa himself?"

No matter how much bothered she was, Yusrah couldn't stop the laughter that roared out of her chest. She hissed softly as she shook her head, "You really can't be serious. Even though to him, Abla wasn't my birth mom, he was at least once my step dad, right? It's not him, of course. Something more dangerous and unexpected, even though I know there's a mistake around this."

"Don't tell me it's someone older, a grand dad?" She gasped sleepily and Yusrah shook her head before she decided to drop the bombshell.

"Of course, not! Hammad! I saw him in the study room in this chamber. Do you think I got married to his dad?" As much as she would hate for that to happen, it would be much easier to getting married to Hammad himself.

Hannah gasped and she heard just the exact time the sleep went away from her eyes. "You don't mean it! Haba! I'm sure when I heard the imam saying the marriage was finalized I heard something like Idi Labo as the name of the groom, I just didn't want to tell you at the time because it was too noisy and I wasn't sure if I was right."